Ebay radio... thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
So I found this tonight...

Sorry that's a hell of a link lol I'm just wondering what yalls thoughts are on this? My 07 doesn't have nav or any of that, so I didn't know if this would be plug and play or not? Or if I'd have to do any kind of computer flashes or if the XM radio would still work... etc. I'm doing it more so I don't have to cut up my dash for a double din set up. It's factory looking. All I really want out of it Is the Bluetooth and back up cam capability. The rest is just icing on the cake. Plus it says it has pre Amp outs for external amps for later stereo upgrades...

I've been looking at an alpine unit...

Alpine INE-W987HD​

I'm quite sure the alpine will sound better, but with the ebay one I don't have to worry about cutting the bezel or replacing vents in a double din made bezel... etc... it looks factory.

So i guess... I'm looking for opinions on this thing... thoughts... comments... conserns...concerns....

Thanks,

Matt

OP
OP
MK82

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins
Yeah i saw that when i went back to read up some more on it.... :doh2: i stand with you sir lol

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Would the MyGig work with a 2005 Ram 1500 ST? I can get the aftermarket Double DIN bezel.

Tmc79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a similar unit years back for an old Liberty my wife had. It was okay and did the trick. You had to run the cable for the gps antenna, and reverse camera as you would for any aftermarket radio. The camera worked well, gps was dated. Todays dash kits look great, i would lean towards a quality head unit with apple carplay or android auto, and use GPS from your phone.

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
So I found this tonight...

Sorry that's a hell of a link lol I'm just wondering what yalls thoughts are on this? My 07 doesn't have nav or any of that, so I didn't know if this would be plug and play or not? Or if I'd have to do any kind of computer flashes or if the XM radio would still work... etc. I'm doing it more so I don't have to cut up my dash for a double din set up. It's factory looking. All I really want out of it Is the Bluetooth and back up cam capability. The rest is just icing on the cake. Plus it says it has pre Amp outs for external amps for later stereo upgrades...

I've been looking at an alpine unit...

Alpine INE-W987HD​

I'm quite sure the alpine will sound better, but with the ebay one I don't have to worry about cutting the bezel or replacing vents in a double din made bezel... etc... it looks factory.

So i guess... I'm looking for opinions on this thing... thoughts... comments... conserns...concerns....

Thanks,

Matt Hi Matt i have a new 2021 has the 8" screen but i did see the trucks with the 12" so i went on ebay and found it , but after talking to the seller it only has the back up camera
so you better ask questions before buying cause you DON'T want to go to the dealer

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
No, 2005 = PCI bus, MyGig = CAN bus.
OKay, just making sure before I make a dumb purchase. Any suggestions? I am about clueless with what is decent anymore. I was considering getting a new tailgate handle with a back up camera when I replace the tailgate. Would like to have it work without issues with a decent head unit that won't cost an arm & leg.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MK82

MK82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO Cummins

Very cool! I had a 730N in my 2012 Laramie dually. I'll have to see what I can find, I'm sure there's an update for maps out there? I really dig the factory look! Thanks @HemiLonestar !

I didn't know they had a kit for these, I've heard there is a kit for the 4th gen rams for the newest screens and the 12" from the new rams.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OKay, just making sure before I make a dumb purchase. Any suggestions? I am about clueless with what is decent anymore. I was considering getting a new tailgate handle with a back up camera when I replace the tailgate. Would like to have it work without issues with a decent head unit that won't cost an arm & leg.
This is where I got mine: https://tailgatecamera.com/
IMAG4620.jpg20211029_163149.jpg
I went with a remote solenoid lock that ties in to the factory power lock system. That particular head unit is pricey but was guaranteed to fit the footprint, interface with the factory Infinity amp, nav, bluetooth and easily adapted to the steering wheel controls (Android based). Plus their customer service is awesome. Made in the USA. https://insaneaudio.com/products/tj1002/
Very cool! I had a 730N in my 2012 Laramie dually. I'll have to see what I can find, I'm sure there's an update for maps out there? I really dig the factory look! Thanks @HemiLonestar !

I didn't know they had a kit for these, I've heard there is a kit for the 4th gen rams for the newest screens and the 12" from the new rams.
This is for putting the MyGig into the earlier CAN bus vehicles (like back to 06 Ram, 05 LX, etc): https://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG_ADAPTER.htm Depending on how new a unit you find is how new a map update you can find. I put one in my old 06 Charger then in my 05 Magnum as well. Same company that made mine has an Android based unit with the same footprint as the MyGig with all the features and more that mine has (but also pricey): https://insaneaudio.com/products/jk2001/

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
As others said stay away from that unbranded junk. If you ever ned service your s crewed
I have heard many good reviews on Crutchfield. They are in the US and you can get support live !
I am going to use them for my car !