Eco diesel delete??

Bkorthals2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Interested in deleting my 16 eco diesel? Anyone have one? Worth the money? Is it a total nightmare to do? What is the best way to do it yourself? Are there any significant extended warranties on issues that would cause me to want to wait to do it?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you do either a EGR or full emissions delete any remaining AEM warranty will be gone, it covers pretty much everything that handles air, fuel or exhaust for 4yrs/40K miles from when the update done.
The EPA has cracked down on all the stateside tuners, you'll need to look north of the boarder to HD Diesel Supply.
Avoid Reckless and SFT for tuning, lots of reports of problems with tunes and lack of customer support.
You can stay legit as Green Diesel Engineering make an EPA compliant tune(49 state legal due to CARB not following the rules). It's a vast improvement over the stock tune, but the truck needs to already have the AEM update (there's usually sticker under the hood).

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
I've got an SFT tune & trans rally tune have no problems with it & can recommend it.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have an OEM ECU for sale if you want an extra. Makes swapping before going to the dealer much easier.

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
A lot of folks will be hesitant to talk about it or give advice on the forums since they are scared of getting in trouble