Eco diesel to Hemi swap, looking for info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hemi drifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Limited
Engine
Hemi
I'm curious what you found to be different on the frames?
A lot! All the cross-bracing was in different places, despite the two trucks being of identical configuration (Crew cab+short box), and the engine mounts weren’t of the same size or location either. It would have been a lot of cutting and welding, and I wasn't willing to start butchering all that.

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm curious about the body mounts do you know if those have the same location? I seen a 2015 EcoDiesel real cheap was thinking about swapping everything to my hemi frame. I have rust problems on my 2009.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot! All the cross-bracing was in different places, despite the two trucks being of identical configuration (Crew cab+short box), and the engine mounts weren’t of the same size or location either. It would have been a lot of cutting and welding, and I wasn't willing to start butchering all that.

Hmmmm...interesting. I would have thought they'd be pretty much the same, or very similar. Guess not (exactly). Thanks for sharing.