ECO mode on PW, me no like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDA-PW2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't do a lot of freeway driving. So I only see the ECO come on when decelerating or holding a speed down hill. If it is helping @10mpg avg I'd hate to know what it's like without it?

BevisIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l hemi
When my eco mode kicks in my fuel gauge goes up. I think it helps make fuel as you drive!!!!!

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a new 2018 I picked up last week and I have never seen this ECO. Is it only something that occurs when you are highway driving? My buddy has a 2016 PW Laramie and his has a green indicator that comes on to say when it turns on, but I haven't seen it at all yet.

Michael Fendley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have to enable the option on one of the radio screens first. I have seen it a couple of times - cruise control set at 35 going through time, or hitting the brakes momentarily to disengage the cruise going on to an offramp (when the EVIC thinks I'm getting 80 MPG).

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any idea which screen, I've tried the manual, no help, and the screens don't seem to list this as an option! Been looking for days!

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Any idea which screen, I've tried the manual, no help, and the screens don't seem to list this as an option! Been looking for days!

It is under Setting/Display on the 8.4 Uconnect.

PS. Mine only comes on when I'm coasting (foot off the gas pedal).

Michael Fendley

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See page 647 of the manual (it is in the Multimedia section). Fuel Saver Display in Cluster - if Equipped. This must be set to On.

upload_2018-9-11_14-39-41.png