Eco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On the Evic it shows Eco in green when I'm light on the peddle, is this indicating the shutoff of the the Pistons? and if not what is it, and How do I know when the engine does shutoff valves to get better mpg? I assume it's happening with my 2015 1500 limited hemi yes?

HemiXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When ECO is shown on the display, it means that it's running in MDS mode (4cyl deactivated). Don't know about the green, mine shows up white.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ECO and MDS are not tied together. You can show the ECO light and not have it in MDS. ECO just shows you are light enough on the throttle to enact what Ram has decided is thrifty. With all that said however, if you are showing ECO light general parameters may also be met to engage MDS.

ReddingArcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC in brilliant black crystal
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ill have to pay closer attention to mine cause I've never noticed the Eco light, but I can tell when MDS kicks it. I'm assuming it's displayed on the same screen as the instant fuel economy screen?

2013rammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only time iv ever noticed mine come on is when it goes into mds mode

OP
OP
J

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine shows up all the time, it seems to come on with a certain throttle percentage or angle. Very light on the gas and its on. Even when I'm doing 10mph

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill have to pay closer attention to mine cause I've never noticed the Eco light, but I can tell when MDS kicks it. I'm assuming it's displayed on the same screen as the instant fuel economy screen?

Your idicator light might be turned off. You can turn it back on in your settings menue. Remember turning the indicator light on and off has no effect on the MDS system just the indicator light.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That could be, but the two functions are not directly interconnected.
I use to think that as well but some research and you'll likely change your mind . There's been much debate over this and they've all ended with the ECO Lt does in fact signify when the MDS is engaged . I know lots of folks don't give a **** what the owners manual says , but it says this as well.

2013rammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only time my eco light never came on when the mds kicked in is when my cel came on from the cats throwing a code

OP
OP
J

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have searched and searched, and cannot find any literature on the Eco light in the manual or on the online manual

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's called the (Fuel Saver Display )

OP
OP
J

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Completely unrelated question, but has anyone experienced slight hopping when you remove your foot from the break at a light for instance, when I remove my foot from the break prior to applying the gas it just shakes slightly. I'm assuming it's the weight of the trans axle spinning

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
My mds is turned off and my eco light still comes on all the time. I think its all in the rpm range that determines eco mode

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My mds is turned off and my eco light still comes on all the time. I think its all in the rpm range that determines eco mode
MDS turned off by a tuner ?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The parameters for the Eco light and the mds are similar. So they can be on at the same time, and usually are, but if the light is on, it does not mean it is in mds mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Strange thing is when I down shift with the button on the column or go into tow mode ( to my knowledge both turn MDS off ) I never get the ECO light , even when I let off the gas at speed and the bar showing mpg indicates 30 mpg ? ?
I've seen a.few. discussion on this I've been convinced ECO means MDS . I'm not arguing here Sir , I'm just interested in learning more about the MDS and how it operates