EcoD vs Hemi 5.7 vs V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Add me to the Ecodiesel list. I've owned many 4th Gen Hemi's and the power is great but with my work driving jumping to a 80 mile commute I needed to get better MPG's on the highway. I bought a 2019 Hemi with the E-Torque and it worked great no issues. The 16 MPG average was a tough pill to swallow.

Switched to a 2021 Ecodiesel and the 27-28 mpg average on the same loop has me sold. I miss the power of the Hemi but can't argue with nearly 900 miles of range out of this thing.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Add me to the Ecodiesel list. I've owned many 4th Gen Hemi's and the power is great but with my work driving jumping to a 80 mile commute I needed to get better MPG's on the highway. I bought a 2019 Hemi with the E-Torque and it worked great no issues. The 16 MPG average was a tough pill to swallow.

Switched to a 2021 Ecodiesel and the 27-28 mpg average on the same loop has me sold. I miss the power of the Hemi but can't argue with nearly 900 miles of range out of this thing.

Did you consider a Prius?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Did you consider a Prius?

Nope. Unless something changed about a Prius being a Ram 1500 and having the towing capacity I need. Maybe I missed that part.

Or maybe it was the part where I don't need two vehicles. Huh.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The answer is still NO, he doesn't want to buy yours

Well, I don't care about gas/fuel mileage.

If a Hemi 5.7 got 5 mpg and an Eco-Diesel got 50 mpg I'd still have a Hemi.

I did "drive" (if that's what you call it) a Prius. Once. It was the loaner from the Ford/Toyota dealer when my wife's Explorer was in on a warranty issue. I'd mostly prefer to ride my bike.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Yes I have. I'm on the fence with it as trucks with it have 0 resaleability. And mainly only come in a tradesman. Im wanting a bighorn/lonestar

Blue Mule
Definitely false. The 3.6l is actually heard to find used here in Canada atleast. Definitely has to do with our outrageous has prices.
When I was first looking for a Ram, I would find a Pentastar or 2 on a dealer site used, call them or die up for a test drive.. Gone, sold. Can't keep them in the lot. High demand. I ended up buying new, a 2019 classic. Bought at Canada's highest volume selling ram dealer. That being said, sales manager there said that the Hemi was just barely outselling the 3.6 when I asked if they were selling many of the V6 trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Definitely false. The 3.6l is actually heard to find used here in Canada atleast. Definitely has to do with our outrageous has prices.
When I was first looking for a Ram, I would find a Pentastar or 2 on a dealer site used, call them or die up for a test drive.. Gone, sold. Can't keep them in the lot. High demand. I ended up buying new, a 2019 classic. Bought at Canada's highest volume selling ram dealer. That being said, sales manager there said that the Hemi was just barely outselling the 3.6 when I asked if they were selling many of the V6 trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Folks down here in Texas and other Southern states I guess just don't want them. But, like you said they're hard to find. The dealership that I bought my 20 new body from has 5 stores and not a V6 on any of them. Then again this was in June

Black 20 Ram

Reactions: BWL