EcoDiesel Discontinued.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mando Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your saying your Hemi is getting 27-31 mpg hwy like the Eco diesel has been reported to be getting?
No - what I'm saying is that after the flash, my MPG's on the ED went from mid 20's (highway) to upper-teens, and like 10-12 mpg pulling my RV. I'm getting nearly that same mileage with the Hemi; took a trip to Florida last March (not with the RV) and averaged 22.6 mpg for the trip. Get 17-18 mpg around town. Hemi is thirsty when pulling the RV, but only a mpg or so less than the ED after the flash. With diesel fuel often $1 or more a gallon higher than gas, getting shed of the ED was a no brainer. Not to mention the dreadful turbo-lag. I NEVER got high 20's or 30 with the ED.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
when i bought my 2016 Ram eco-diesel, i took my first long trip to Connecticut & back.

Remember this is the first eco-diesel in a Ram, i think they called it Gen 2
I got 27 MPG, i was almost singing.
Then they Flashed it, MPG dropped to the high teens
Then they figured out that they over did it & Flashed it again, the mileage climbed back up to 23 MPG Highway & that is what i am still getting.
I have never Hand Calculated it, so take that into account.

By the way, Stellantis is going to put the Eco-Diesel engine into the 2023 Maserati & a few other vehicles

So i had planned to but another eco-diesel Ram next year, & they won't be selling them.
I may be getting my current engine rebuilt when it gives up

leftchevybehind

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
I liked my 2015 ED also, but it was a Gen 2 with lots of pending issues and hidden potential problems. BTBH, I had no problems, my towing needs changed so I went to a Hemi. My 2015 ran well, but the Hemi was a good trade up and worked for me. If I was towing, I might reconsider, but GM has that great 3.0 Duramax (junk) out, and the Turbo 2.7L gas out like Ford. I cannot ever see buying a 6,000 lb truck with a 2.7L turbo ne thing, but that is just my lowly opinion.
I owned a '22 Trailboss with the 2.7T HO, that thing had 430lbs, fully forged engine with a longer stroke than a Cummins, it was a beast. However, I got rid of it because the truck is not heavy enough for the towing I do. I do miss the turbo whistle, but the sound of a 20 year old Hemi design