EcoDiesel EGR recall important!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
QUESTION..... have been told that the “NEW” EGR Cooler recall fix is having issues and ANOTHER recall is coming to “fix the fix” ?

Has anyone heard this?

Nothing like that.
Your bad information probably stems from some of the trucks having the EGR cooler replaced by the original EGR cooler and not the new updated part to get the truck back on the road. This was happening when the recall was first announced.

Peacekeeper190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thanks Crash68.... I actually heard this while on vacation. Ran into
A friend of my wife who
Is married to a mechanic at the local dealership.

He said their service Dept had done several EGR recalls and couple have returned with issues.

I actually had to have a “New OEM” EGR replacement about the time the RECALL came out. Was told it was not the RECALLED PART as they were not available yet.

Now Chrysler says my truck is “NOT eligible for the RECALL PART because one has already been installed????

So Service Advisor trying to get Chrysler to send the RECALL PART, but to no avail.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Actually from a Mechanic that is married to a friend of my wife. He works at a dealership in SC.
I'm with crash on this - the mechanic must have been referring to replacements that were the same product that failed the first time.

You may have heard it correctly but it's like the campfire game of a person saying something and pass it on and the last person hears a totally different version from what the first person said. In this case, you were the 3rd or 4th person in line.

I have not read or heard of any case where the new cooler failed or had a problem. I have heard where it was installed wrong or a connection leaked, but that's all.

Last edited:

adam ant

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel
:fish_h4h:I just got notes for recall EGR Cooler on my 2014 eco diesel
Took it to dealer they updated some software but i would need to wait for part(egr cooler)
Hope this does not take forever

Engineersaab54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just as an encouragement: After my incident in October and 47 days in the shop, where the dealer basically performed the same thing as in what became the recall, plus replacement of damaged parts, the truck has run more or less flawlessly. Have 10k more miles on it now than at the time it nearly ignited, so am fairly confident in its reliability again. Just wish the fuel mileage was a little better. I'm getting about 4 under what I think I should expect. Thinking about an after market tune if I can get it without voiding the warranty I bought.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
:fish_h4h:I just got notes for recall EGR Cooler on my 2014 eco diesel
Took it to dealer they updated some software but i would need to wait for part(egr cooler)
Hope this does not take forever
I called my dealer to schedule mine and he said I was number 20 on the list and that #1 on the list has about 3 months before they'll get to him so I'm just hanging out until they get to my number. I have a 2018 so probably a lower priority than your 14, but if it is running well and you aren't losing any coolant you are probably OK in the interim.

adam ant

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel
JohnnyMac..my 2014 is running good and Not losing coolant so I will be keeping eye on the coolant level.
I did not know that it was a problem until I checked on this forum...Great info here has helped me a lot with my truck.
The dealership service advisor didn't even say a word about how serious this recall is.
Thank you ALL...:ehcapt: