Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EcoDiesel EGR recall important!!!!

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Eco Diesels' started by audiomikej, Nov 17, 2019.

1. genogator

genogator Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    I usta be a RAM fan but after this ECO Diesel I will be moving on. The dealer called the other day after Ram Care "expedited" the EGR tube to them. (Dealer told me in the very beginning it would be middle of January so Ram Care expedited the part to MIDDLE OF JANUARY) However, Ram Care Didn't Expedite a seal and well...., without the seal the EGR Tube is worthless. Anyway, not impressed with Ram Care inept ability to get parts when my truck is at risk of burning up. I am of the opinion that RAM Care is just the string you along division of FCA. Needless to say that the truck EGR leak has not been fixed yet!

BTW my leak went away for a little while. Any ideas why?

2. genogator

genogator Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    If it is an ECO diesel it has single axle with single wheel drive because it has another recall and only needs to circle the service bay from out to in. IE goes in circles at dealer service.

3. genogator

genogator Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    It is now near the middle of February and I had an appointment to drop off my truck (Oil change takes 4 to 6 hrs so EGR tube is 2 to 3 days) pick up an FCA authorized rental/loaner vehicle and be on my way. I am a self employed field service engineer and I have to have a vehicle to drive to get to my customers. Well, the dealer did not have a vehicle for me and didn't even have one at the dealership that they could give me while they slowly performed the recall safety warranty work.
    I surely wish I was not a RAM owner!!!

4. Engineersaab54

Engineersaab54 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Even though it took them three tries and 47 days to fix my EGR related problems, I have been treated very well by my dealership and pretty well by FCA, all things considered. Got the truck back at Thanksgiving, and so far she seems to be running well. Not getting quite the fuel mileage I expected (13-15 in town, 19-20 highway, not loaded or towing).

5. dewain thomas

dewain thomas Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 ecodiesel
    Mine has been in the shop since 14 Feb the parts have came in a number of times only to be told later they didn’t come in , then was told they broke a bolt off in the back of the engine and I would have to wait for them to pull the cab and I had three in front of me, now I’m being told again that the parts just came in but still waiting on bushings I didn’t know a egr cooler rotated lol , this is getting old they gave me a truck to drive but can’t take it out of state I think they are just making stuff up just to shut me up. 2015 lone star ecodiesel

JohnnyMac likes this.
  6. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac There's no education in the second kick of a mule. Military

Ram Year:
    2018 1500 Laramie
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoBurner
    Rally that loaner like you stole it. Bring it in smoking and see how quick they get you fixed up.... :)

Raymond1050 likes this.
  7. RamCares

RamCares Senior Member

Ram Year:
    n/a
    Engine:
    n/a
    I regret to hear of this situation, dewain. So our team can discuss your concerns further, please send a private message.

Kate
    RamCares