Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EcoDiesel EGR recall important!!!!

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Eco Diesels' started by audiomikej, Nov 17, 2019.

1. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    Nothing like that.
    Your bad information probably stems from some of the trucks having the EGR cooler replaced by the original EGR cooler and not the new updated part to get the truck back on the road. This was happening when the recall was first announced.

John Jensen likes this.
  2. Peacekeeper190

Peacekeeper190 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    Actually from a Mechanic that is married to a friend of my wife. He works at a dealership in SC.

3. Peacekeeper190

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    Thanks Crash68.... I actually heard this while on vacation. Ran into
    A friend of my wife who
    Is married to a mechanic at the local dealership.

He said their service Dept had done several EGR recalls and couple have returned with issues.

I actually had to have a “New OEM” EGR replacement about the time the RECALL came out. Was told it was not the RECALLED PART as they were not available yet.

Now Chrysler says my truck is “NOT eligible for the RECALL PART because one has already been installed????

So Service Advisor trying to get Chrysler to send the RECALL PART, but to no avail.

4. John Jensen

John Jensen Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ecodiesel
    I'm with crash on this - the mechanic must have been referring to replacements that were the same product that failed the first time.

You may have heard it correctly but it's like the campfire game of a person saying something and pass it on and the last person hears a totally different version from what the first person said. In this case, you were the 3rd or 4th person in line.

I have not read or heard of any case where the new cooler failed or had a problem. I have heard where it was installed wrong or a connection leaked, but that's all.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  5. Peacekeeper190

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    Hope so.... I really enjoy the truck and the fact it’s almost paid off makes it even sweeter !!