EcoDiesel EGR recall important!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Engineersaab54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Michael, Do Contact Lydia at Ram Cares.
They reached out to me on this forum last November and although it was hit and miss at times, and I ended up working with four or five different people, they expedited my case and we’re actually able to get parts for me once or twice in the ordeal.

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
I know how you guys feel. Talked to Ram Cares back in Oct. 2019 about turbo lag on start up. Now 1st week of Apr. and nothing. Checking with friend at dealer monthly on EGR no info. May have to go to the darkside for next truck.

olesmokin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Deisel
I have a 2017 Ram with 34k Miles and been in shop for over 6 weeks.....I ask them to buy back it was refused....I have ask both the dealer and FCA for a loaner and that also was refused. I need my truck, what are the options available? I currently own 3 RAM trucks with my Business. This is driving me nuts, Paying notes and insurance for a basically new truck that I cant drive.

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Ram with 34k Miles and been in shop for over 6 weeks.....I ask them to buy back it was refused....I have ask both the dealer and FCA for a loaner and that also was refused. I need my truck, what are the options available? I currently own 3 RAM trucks with my Business. This is driving me nuts, Paying notes and insurance for a basically new truck that I cant drive.

lawyer up

olesmokin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Deisel
WOW the dealer refused and fca told me to rent my own car and they would CONSIDER repaying up to 45 dollars per day

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Well I had a bit of a surprise yesterday, we took my wifes Jeep in for servicing and a state inspection, while we were there I asked about the egr cooler recall and when they would like to schedule it to be replaced.

I got a song and dance with the service advisor telling me that they would have to schedule the truck in for a check first, thenif it failed depending on the codes they would then order differing parts kits to repair the system.

When I questioned that procedure he proceeded to read me from an FCA work procedure that had them check the truck over and if it did not have a CEL illuminated and one or two different codes active the EGR would not be replaced. This was a 44 page work procedure he was reading, I asked him to email it to me as it did not sound the way I was expecting the recall to proceed, he said he would but I have not seen it.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this line?

Well as I was typing this just got a call from the dealer, take it in next Monday to get the EGR cooler changed out.

Kazimodo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
they finally read the paperwork properly ...
the song and dance stuff , is only about replacing the intake manifold at thesame time they swap EGRs .
only if you have a cel present will they consider replacing intake .
Glad they woke up in time for you Lou .

WayneWolfenbarger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
My EGR recall was completed on 6/2/2020, without incident. The documentation states the intake will only be replaced if damaged and that would be determined during the EGR Cooler replacement. My intake did not need to be replaced.

woofie2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6
Called my dealer as I keep getting reminded of the open recall,
They said the fix has not been released for the 2016 to 2019 models, but 2014 to 2016 has parts that can be requisitioned.

They also noted if I get a MIL light for intake or operations to bring it in, keep an eye on my coolant level. (mine is consuming a little coolant, but keep it filled)

woofie2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6
Same here in Canada. Just had mine in for an oil change today. No parts for 2016+ yet. Said they are starting with the oldest ones and working their way new.
The service manager at my dealer noted that they part of the recall process is inspecting the intake manifold and replacing if it has been damaged, not just the EGR.
He also estimated it could take 2-3 hours, but might take 2-3 days if the manifold was damaged, they have to do a leak test and order parts, if there are no Codes stored in the ECU.

Codercrzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Ecodiesel
Well my 2017 with 51,000 miles is in limp mode at the dealer. EGR is leaking! Was told today they would give me a loaner if they had one...may have an idea later today when one will be available! No eta on parts. I will be there tomorrow and demanding answers! I have an ext warranty also. They can fix it or buy it I dont care which! I fought GM before on a lemon and won! Momma wont get taken for a ride! It will also look real bad to leave a 1st Responder (Paramedic) without a vehicle to get the 49 miles each way to work!!!

Peacekeeper190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
QUESTION..... have been told that the “NEW” EGR Cooler recall fix is having issues and ANOTHER recall is coming to “fix the fix” ?

Has anyone heard this?

J Carroccia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
QUESTION..... have been told that the “NEW” EGR Cooler recall fix is having issues and ANOTHER recall is coming to “fix the fix” ?

Has anyone heard this?

I drove to dealership in frustration as nobody seems to be able to come to the phone when I call to make an appointment for this recall. Was told that "well we have 1 EGR cooler in now but who knows what we will have in 2 weeks, the priority goes to the trucks that get towed in, I said lets make an appointment for Aug 3 then. The guy is like ok but no promises we will have parts. I also heard the PM tell the SM "you know there is an issue with the EGR coolers they sent us right?" I do not know what that means and they would not tell me. Mine is a 17 4x4 Laramie with 49K on it. Trying not get stranded someplace on So Cals I15 but apparently being proactive or adhering to the re calls is not appreciated by service dept.

Luis LeFort

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6 Ecodisel
Hi,
So I just purchased a 2016 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel 4x4 super loaded 61k miles and didn't do any research at all and I'm just finding out about this recall, and the thing is that carfax said it had no recalls. now I'm a little bummed out because I love this truck, the dealer should have told me about this issue before selling it to me, I guess I'm screwed now

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Hi,
So I just purchased a 2016 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel 4x4 super loaded 61k miles and didn't do any research at all and I'm just finding out about this recall, and the thing is that carfax said it had no recalls. now I'm a little bummed out because I love this truck, the dealer should have told me about this issue before selling it to me, I guess I'm screwed now

First off, welcome to the forum. You are far from "screwed". If your truck is running good, then it's running good. I suggest you call a dealer with your VIN to confirm what recalls are actually outstanding. Perhaps you have already had all the recalls completed so CARFAX may have been correct. If you haven't had the recall, don't worry. Just keep an eye on your coolant level. If it starts to drop, then take it in under warranty. Otherwise, theres thousands of happy EcoD owners out there running around with zero issus that haven't had the recall completed yet. Myself included. It'll happen, but to be honest, I would rather wait until they get it all figured out.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Has anyone heard this?

Hi there, where did you hear this? Not the case.
Kaitlin
Ram Cares