Ecodiesel lawsuit emissions Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
From what I was told when they got the recall is that it was going to take a long time. The reason the service guys said this "coming from the head diesel mechanic" is that it was a new procedure they had to take a course on. If they missed one piece of it they would get fined. It was a pretty large list of little things to do and no one had performed it before so they didnt even know how long it would take. I ended up getting into direct contact with the mechanic because my truck was there for 9 months and I couldnt even get the service manager to return my calls. If I wanted to ask him anything I had to go down and wait in line to have him even look at me. Oh and I can't stand that spoiled little punk just FYI. So one day I just drove to the back into the shop and found the mechanic myself and he was pretty damn helpful with information and gave me his number. You know they held my truck for that long because it was throwing a PO299 code and come to find out it was just a computer glitch.and my truck got put on the back burner until the lawsuit finalized. ****** ordeal If you ask me but I sure am glad to have my truck back.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Nine months? That sucks!!! Wow!!

DieselMike29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Something seems odd about y'alls recall repair time frame. I took mine in this morning and was asking about specifics. They stated the update included a regen which would take two hours alone.

Just as a guess, you have a different truck than I have - meaning EVERY time the recall is performed the time will be different. (As an example,
They told me the same thing. They did that, and updated the shifter knob in much less time than anticipated
mine didn't include the shifter knob -- as a matter of fact I asked about the shifter knob recall and was told it didn't apply to me.)

Although I WILL be glad it didn't take them nine MONTHS to get it fixed!

My guess would be that you needed (or were close to needing) a regen, so they needed to perform it while doing the recall. But that is JUST a guess.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Don't they have to do the regen to do the emissions recall?

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
Just as a guess, you have a different truck than I have - meaning EVERY time the recall is performed the time will be different. (As an example,

mine didn't include the shifter knob -- as a matter of fact I asked about the shifter knob recall and was told it didn't apply to me.)

Although I WILL be glad it didn't take them nine MONTHS to get it fixed!

My guess would be that you needed (or were close to needing) a regen, so they needed to perform it while doing the recall. But that is JUST a guess.
Lol I wish it was just a regen and no it wasnt because our trucks do regens on there own while driving Besides that they had did a regen the first time I took my truck in nine months ago lol.

AlabamaDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Good morning. First time post. I recently had my update which did not take a long. I did notice a significant different in fuel economy at lower speeds -3mpg and a drop on interstate driving.
I am considering purchasing GDE tune.

Has anyone done a GDE tune after the update?

OP
OP
Dhubble

Dhubble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 ecodiesel
Good morning. First time post. I recently had my update which did not take a long. I did notice a significant different in fuel economy at lower speeds -3mpg and a drop on interstate driving.
I am considering purchasing GDE tune.

Has anyone done a GDE tune after the update?
Havent done the GDE but did go with the pedal commander to get away from the pedal lag. I love it. Yes my MPGs are still down but warranty is an issue when you do tunes like that.