EcoDiesel No oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anolk87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L eco diesel
I have a 2015 ram ecodiesel. I was recently going on a trip and got about 30 miles from my destination when I decided to make a quick pit stop. Truck was running fine. Then it started saying no oil pressure when I started the motor back up. If I gave it fuel the oil pressure would go up and the light would go off. I went ahead and limped it to the destination but every time I’d come to a stop it would alert me for no oil pressure again. It also felt like I had lost a lot of power but no other engine lights were going off and all the other temps read correct. I only have 50k miles on it. Any help I can get to determine the issue would get greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
As I understand it the oil presure indication is a computer generated value not an actual value.
You could install a run tee were the sensor is and screw a mechaical guage in along with having the sensor hooked up and see what you have.
If you actually have zero oil pressure I'm afraid you on on a quick path to a new engine,
hopefully it is a bad sensor and incorrect computer generated signal.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your Oil Cooler, It runs under the intake plenum, you should see a visual leak running down the back of the block.

OP
OP
A

anolk87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L eco diesel
New motor was the result of my issue. Good thing it is covered under extended warranty. Fiat Chrysler put an extended warranty on the motor for 120k miles or 10 years for this reason. They also put an extended warranty on the exhaust for 70k miles. I don’t recall the years though.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Back in the day when your oil pressure dropped to zero, you stopped driving it until you repaired it. Not I limped for another so many miles. WoW.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Seems constructive to advise other readers of this thread to stop driving if no oil pressure. Wouldn't want folks to think it is OK to drive with no oil pressure. Good is debateable but it was an "or" statement. :)

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes it was we would think things through ,like is continuing to drive without oil pressure a smart idea or not . They did call them IDIOT lights for a reason .

MikeysCars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A new engine at 50,000 miles, wow! Is this a common problem with the Eco Diesel?

CGNaveng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
I have a 2018 with 30000 and the dealership is replacing the engine. No Oil pressure, light coming on and off as the pressure went from normal to zero and a loud knocking noise front the engine. Hopefully the new engine last longer. It’s still under warranty.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No one continues driving with no oil pressure unless they truly are that stupid, or trying to pull one on Chrysler. Shame that men aren’t men anymore. I’m sure your man bun is on par though.

I agree. They are called idiot lights for a reason. The resident has outed himself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963