EcoDiesel Resale Value post-announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC Kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Now that FCA has pulled the plug on the EcoDiesel, what do you think will happen to the resale value of these trucks?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tank like it should. No one wants these up here. Nothing but problems in the cold.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't think resale will be affected one way or the other. There are tons on the used market, but the reputation of them is not all that high. GM also offers a 3.0 diesel with a good reputation (so far), so at this point if you want a half ton diesel you have a pretty good option still.

This probably just affects you if you love your current ED and want to buy new again. We might see a brief spike in demand for new ED's until everyone who wants one yet gets one, but a year or two after that, especially with the intro and push to electric, I don't think demand is going to go up as long as diesel prices are far higher than gas (which they are here in the last 1.5 years or so).

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
there will be no Ram Ecodiesel in 2023 :(

I wanted to buy a 2023 Classic ecodiesel

my 2016 is still running great, but my extended warranty runs out in January

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I read you can order them up through January. I'd check with a dealership. They should know when the cutoff is.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Well, I'd wager the last production variant, Gen III, might retain value longer than the 1st two variants because the big problems were addressed, finally. I haven't seen anybody posting about Gen III E.D. problems.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well, I'd wager the last production variant, Gen III, might retain value longer than the 1st two variants because the big problems were addressed, finally. I haven't seen anybody posting about Gen III E.D. problems.
That's because they fixed the E.D. with the blue pill :dogpile:

Freakydude

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
i'll put a hemi in my ED when it dies, maybe I'll get some recordings of the engine now and pipe it into the cab like audi does with their cars lol
Seriously I would think the price of the truck will stay viable as long as fuel doesn't take a beating and double in price. I mean its still a truck which should help it hold some value

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn