Ecodiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Speaking to the mechanic at my local FCA dealer tells me the Ecodiesel is one of the best motors they have ever seen come thru the shop. Least number of problems, and the problems they see are mostly simple type sensors that need replaced. don't shoot the messenger, that is DIRECTLY from the head mechanic at Smithaven Dodge Ram, one of the busiest dealers in the country (Long Island, NY).

All the "doom and gloom" talk is hilarious! It's the old "the loudest must be right"! There were a few bad trucks in early 2014, and after that the platform has been rock solid. Now before some jackwagon on here that has some issue with his/hers going on jumps on and ******* and moans that this is not true..., give it a rest. EVERY make and model car or truck has problems, it's the nature of the beast and todays cars are made cheaply to save money, but are very complicated. Add those two up and there WILL BE problems. But that doesn't mean "doom and gloom".

Now, carry on.

Incredible!!! You are not talking to people on the Chevy or Ford forums. You are speaking to people who want to love and defend Ram here. I owned one, loved the truck while I had it, and wanted it to be great. But you clearly haven't spent much time on the Ecodiesel forum. When I owned mine "a 2016" these little engines were popping like popcorn. They were neither year specific, mileage related, no correlations to be made. They were either lasting 100's of 1000's of miles, or they were randomly blowing up at any given mileage or time. I still check in a couple times per month hoping that they have improved, but sadly to say, they are still having issues. Trust me, I want them to be as dependable as you proclaim and if they ever get there, I will gladly buy another one...

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
1. Two words: HEAD MECHANIC
2. I don't give a RATS *** about RAM or Chrystler or whoever they are, I know very little about them.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. Two words: HEAD MECHANIC
2. I don't give a RATS *** about RAM or Chrystler or whoever they are, I know very little about them.

That just one dealership, man. Just because they’ve seen very little problems, doesn’t mean nothin’. I’m sure there’s dealerships out there that haven’t seen any problematic air ride systems but that don’t mean they don’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
The air ride is as simple as pie and has been around for a LONG time. A tiny compressor, a couple hoses, and 4 airbags.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The air ride is as simple as pie and has been around for a LONG time. A tiny compressor, a couple hoses, and 4 airbags.

Maybe on a big 18-wheeler, and maybe on an aftermarket air ride system like Kelderman, but that OEM air ride that comes from the factory; well, just figger out how to use that forum search function and you’ll find plenty of posts from people that would highly, HIGHLY disagree with you.

There’s a whole helluva lot more to it than just a tiny compressor, a couple hoses, and 4 airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GottaBeKD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to sound rude, But if you're buying a truck it's usually not for Mileage....
Everything as an economic aspect to it. Some times it makes sense for a diesel and others it doesn't.

If my driving habits change with my new job I would be better off with a diesel - however I love the sound of the hemi and the smile factor will hopefully more than make up for it

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk