ED fuel filter Availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
OK, before I left on our trip west, I had an appointment at my dealer to do the 10,000 oil and fuel filter changes and other required maintenance on my EcoDiesel. They didn't have the fuel filter in stock. I was annoyed, as the appointment was made weeks in advance, nobody thought to check with Parts to make sure that the parts I needed would be there? I don't understand. Is every dealer this fracking ignorant?

It gets better.... the service manager comes out and apologizes and says he's called 6 other local dealers, who all claim they don't have it either. He doesn't believe them because the computer shows that the part is in stock at a couple of them. He suggests I do the same calls from my phone, gives me the numbers, and I make the calls. The second dealer I call HAS the part and will sell it to me for retail, so I go and get it.

What's going on when dealers won't even cooperate with each other on parts?

Has any one else had trouble getting the fuel filter for a 20-22 EcoDiesel?

Railrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had to take my new 2022 2500 diesel in this week for a DEF issue (needs a new DEF pump but that’s another story). I was talking to the parts manager about a RamBox part that is missing from my truck (never put on at the factory) that he is having a hard time getting from Ram (trying for two months). I brought up the availability of fuel filters. He said OEM Mopar filters are hard to get and that he might get ten sets (engine and tank) every few weeks. He said those ten sets are gone within the first day or two due to pent up demand. I am several months away from needing the filters changed but I asked him if it might be a good idea I started looking for a filter set for my future service. He said it probably would be a good idea. He said they have tried several aftermarket filter brands and some of them set engine codes due to varying filter designs. He said WIX for example tends to set (low fuel pressure) codes on a Cummins. Anyway, i will have the filters in hand for my next service. He was frustrated in general about parts availability.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to take my new 2022 2500 diesel in this week for a DEF issue (needs a new DEF pump but that’s another story). I was talking to the parts manager about a RamBox part that is missing from my truck (never put on at the factory) that he is having a hard time getting from Ram (trying for two months). I brought up the availability of fuel filters. He said OEM Mopar filters are hard to get and that he might get ten sets (engine and tank) every few weeks. He said those ten sets are gone within the first day or two due to pent up demand. I am several months away from needing the filters changed but I asked him if it might be a good idea I started looking for a filter set for my future service. He said it probably would be a good idea. He said they have tried several aftermarket filter brands and some of them set engine codes due to varying filter designs. He said WIX for example tends to set (low fuel pressure) codes on a Cummins. Anyway, i will have the filters in hand for my next service. He was frustrated in general about parts availability.
YUP, tho I no longer have a Diesel, parts are in some ways being a problem. I am awaiting a new 850 W electric fan, and I hope it is not stuck on a slow boat from China. When ordered Dealer said one week, well I talked to my SA. HE said: We have no clue when the part will come in. Supply and Demand at it's worst.

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
OK, before I left on our trip west, I had an appointment at my dealer to do the 10,000 oil and fuel filter changes and other required maintenance on my EcoDiesel. They didn't have the fuel filter in stock. I was annoyed, as the appointment was made weeks in advance, nobody thought to check with Parts to make sure that the parts I needed would be there? I don't understand. Is every dealer this fracking ignorant?

It gets better.... the service manager comes out and apologizes and says he's called 6 other local dealers, who all claim they don't have it either. He doesn't believe them because the computer shows that the part is in stock at a couple of them. He suggests I do the same calls from my phone, gives me the numbers, and I make the calls. The second dealer I call HAS the part and will sell it to me for retail, so I go and get it.

What's going on when dealers won't even cooperate with each other on parts?

Has any one else had trouble getting the fuel filter for a 20-22 EcoDiesel?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I get mine at NAPA
Be leary of WIX fuel filters for the EcoDiesel, have seen several of them posted about that swelled up and blew out. One aftermarket fuel filter actually crumbled to pieces.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
IIRC the Eco uses this filter 68436631AA I was lucky find one on Amazon just be careful to get a Mopar filter

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Up to now, i have not had to pay for my 2016 Eco-diesel oil changes
I had some sort of Special that my dealership had at the time i made the purchase of my Ram.

I had to pay for the Fuel Filters

Now that Special has expired, so i will be buying my OIL & both oil & gas filters & taking it all to the dealership to have the service done

If i need a Mopar part like a Fuel Filter, i walk into the Parts Dept & buy it or at least order it.
For parts, i never go through a Service Adviser, that is one middleman that is best omitted

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have never let the dealers install there oil as they buy the cheapest oil they can that is said to meet specs, even had one service manager tell me they used bulk for oil changes gas and diesel & filters but they had to use what ever brand oil FCA told them to when it came to warranty work that required new oil to be installed... Heck I learned from one service manager who trained his oil change crew to only install 4.5 qt oil instead of 5, it saved the company $$ and he got a cut of the money saved at the end of each each month and dealers wonder why they are so disliked...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01