Edelbrock supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksonnen1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HPTuners is much more favorable as few others mentioned. Using basic handheld diablo tuner is ok but when you get to using HPTuners with a laptop on their platform you get really familiar and comfortable with things.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Does everyone prefer the Whipple over the Edelbrock? Seems like Whipple gets the vote usually but also many say you need to upgrade many internals for it. If the Edelbrock runs safer and possibly cooler, then I really like that. I don't want to upgrade a bunch of other things. Would like to be able to bolt one one on and feel comfortable about not blowing anything. Just wanted people's opinion about that.
You might want to check into the availibility of the Whipple,the guys on the hi-po Ram facebook pages are saying it's "not available" at this point in time.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I'd agree with Wild One. I think availability is issue on most fronts with pre orders and long waits. I believe it's the same with edlebrock.

The newer trucks have to send pcms to edlebrock for the unlock and tune, where as mine being a 14, the pcm was unlocked and you got a handheld tuner from SCT.

I just took out the active grill shutters on mine today and I saw about a 6 degree drop in coolant temp, coolant temp before 203, after 197, with no change in oil temp, oil temp 212. My transmission ran 190 in stop and go traffic and 155 160 on freeway. Today with grill shutters removed it was 174 in stop and go and 150 on freeway. I still have not installed chalk04's valve.

Still power everywhere and no change in under hood noise.

At WOT I'm 5.5 PSI boost on a stock 5.7.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does everyone prefer the Whipple over the Edelbrock? Seems like Whipple gets the vote usually but also many say you need to upgrade many internals for it. If the Edelbrock runs safer and possibly cooler, then I really like that. I don't want to upgrade a bunch of other things. Would like to be able to bolt one one on and feel comfortable about not blowing anything. Just wanted people's opinion about that.

Whipple makes more power and has more room grow to make bigger power with supporting mods. Whipple makes a great product. It depends on what you want to do with the truck. With the power the whipple can make, you can potentially make the truck unreliable if you do not do the necessary supporting mods. If you are not looking to spend more money and get the supporting mods then just stick with the Edelbrock. The Edelbrock makes plenty of power but not enough to make your RAM unreliable, as long as you have a quality tune of course. If you get the itch later on, the Edelbrock can still make more power. Just not as much as the whipple. What I like about the Edelbrock, is that the TVS 2300 makes good low end power so you really start to feel the added power just about instantly.

Also either brand you go with I would recommend going with some Long tube headers and high flow cats. Long tubes will compliment the blower and they will make a good bit more power!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I forgot to mention, Whipple has a big back order on blowers. They, like many other manufacutrers are having issues sourcing production materials and they have fallen pretty far behind on back orders for many applications.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Whipple makes more power and has more room grow to make bigger power with supporting mods. Whipple makes a great product. It depends on what you want to do with the truck. With the power the whipple can make, you can potentially make the truck unreliable if you do not do the necessary supporting mods. If you are not looking to spend more money and get the supporting mods then just stick with the Edelbrock. The Edelbrock makes plenty of power but not enough to make your RAM unreliable, as long as you have a quality tune of course. If you get the itch later on, the Edelbrock can still make more power. Just not as much as the whipple. What I like about the Edelbrock, is that the TVS 2300 makes good low end power so you really start to feel the added power just about instantly.

Also either brand you go with I would recommend going with some Long tube headers and high flow cats. Long tubes will compliment the blower and they will make a good bit more power!
Thank you for the information, that really helps me with deciding. I think the Edelbrock would be fine for my application and also seems a bit easier to get than the Whipple at this point. Appreciate the time posting this information

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the information, that really helps me with deciding. I think the Edelbrock would be fine for my application and also seems a bit easier to get than the Whipple at this point. Appreciate the time posting this information
You're welcome. Let me know when you are ready to purchase. We can offer you a quote on it. Just send me a message for pricing

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I realize that this thread is about superchargers however a lot of comments have been made regarding tuners. It sounds like quite a few people have problems with Diablo tuners. The complaints very well maybe with the device itself or maybe the customer service, however, the fact remains as far as N/A trucks are concerned, the fastest 4 out of 5 Ram trucks are tuned by Hemifever using the diablo tuner. Many people prefer the HP tuner but the Diablo tuner is a good option also. Your custom tuner of course is the most important piece of the puzzle.
Jay

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I realize that this thread is about superchargers however a lot of comments have been made regarding tuners. It sounds like quite a few people have problems with Diablo tuners. The complaints very well maybe with the device itself or maybe the customer service, however, the fact remains as far as N/A trucks are concerned, the fastest 4 out of 5 Ram trucks are tuned by Hemifever using the diablo tuner. Many people prefer the HP tuner but the Diablo tuner is a good option also. Your custom tuner of course is the most important piece of the puzzle.
Jay
That is a really good point! I think a lot of the Diablo issues are actually truck year dependent. Some years the Diablo Sport tuners are hit or miss if they can actually tune the transmission. I know 2015s for example are basically luck of the draw on that.