Edge Pulsar Customer Service??? Or lack thereof!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just wanted to make you guys aware of my experience with EDGE. I was one of the first to buy the Pulsar after it's release. I purchased from Nick at Gotexhaust on 03/27/18.
Shortly after installing the Pulsar I noticed a surge at very light throttle. I waited to see if anyone else was experiencing this and it wasn't long before Redsquirrel posted his was doing this as well.
I contacted Edge and was sent a new Pulsar on 04/30/18. The new one had the surge also, so I called Edge again. "Bear in mind, not many had been sold at this time, and they were in the very early stages." They told me they were aware of the problem and I could send it back or wait until they came up with a fix for the surge. I chose to wait for the fix and turned off the MDS manually as i had done before.
Fast forward to 10/04/18. I called Edge to see if they had a fix for the surge. I was told the surge was normal and they all did it. I told them I wanted to return it because the MDS delete was the biggest reason I bought it. They said I would have to go through the company I bought it from.
I contacted Nick at Gotexhaust and he promptly sent me a return label to ship it back to Edge. They received the Pulsar on 10/10/18 at 8:56am.
It has been 2 1/2 weeks and Edge has NOT issued a refund as of this posting.
Nick at Gotexhaust has been awesome! He has contacted Edge twice on my behalf, and said they are just sitting on it, and nothing can be done until they issue a refund.
The programmer was just like new and shipped back in the original box and packaging like it was received in. There is no excuse for a refund taking this long...

OP
OP
N

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Keeping you guys updated if your considering an Edge Product. Another week has gone by, and still no refund or response from Edge. Nick has contacted them twice in the last couple days and no response to him either. So be forewarned if you are thinking about buying their products. My next step will be turning them into the BBB to see if that does any good.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW mine surges too. They claim it disables MDS, but basically all it does is detect when the engine goes into MDS and slightly punches up the throttle for a split second to knock it out.

i dont know if it's possible, but i was going to suggest they try to just shift the truck into the manual shifting mode to disable that way.

I think manually shifting to 8 is sufficient enough in my opinion, i just hate having to remember to do it. if the pulsar did it for me, whatever that's good enough.

OP
OP
N

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I was doing the manual shift to turn it off before I spent nearly $500 to take care of that. After driving around for a few months having to still do things the way I did before, I felt kinda stupid for spending that much money for nothing. Yes, the extra power was nice, but it came with the extra cost of premium gas. I could not justify spending that much money for something to Not do what it was advertised to. My main reason for buying it was to turn off the MDS.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was doing the manual shift to turn it off before I spent nearly $500 to take care of that. After driving around for a few months having to still do things the way I did before, I felt kinda stupid for spending that much money for nothing. Yes, the extra power was nice, but it came with the extra cost of premium gas. I could not justify spending that much money for something to Not do what it was advertised to. My main reason for buying it was to turn off the MDS.

agreed. I bought mine for on the fly tune switches, but being able to readjust for 35s made the pulsar more justified. your point still stands though, and it annoys me too how they handle MDS. and I had to pay $50 for a stupid cable to update my pulsar. only other option was to uninstall and mail it in, nah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have experienced Edge customer disservice before. I had an Edge on my 2003 F150. The Edge programmer I bought ended up having a known issue with the cable that connects it to the truck. I believe the connections for the wires at either end would loosen off over time and the programmer would loose connection with the truck. It happened to me once when I was switching from a high performance tune to a tow tune and bricked my truck PCM. It cost me a lot of money to tow it to the dealer so they could re-flash my PCM, lucky for me they could. Edge offered nothing. I ended up replacing 3 cables on that friggen programmer over the years as Edge refuse to fix the issue until long after they even sold that programmer. The vendor I bought it from stopped selling the programmer (for 97-03 F150's) because of the cable issue and the way Edge handled it. Edge saw fit to charge me for every cable replacement though, even though it was a known problem on their end. I could either pay for a new cable or throw away my $500.00 programmer. I have been hesitant to purchase anything from them again. I was interested in the Pulsar when it came out though but decided to wait until the bugs were worked out. I am glad I did. It sounds like they could not find a way to get rid of the surging so they called it normal. That would be unacceptable to me too.

Last edited:

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm pretty soured on Edge, due to all the concerns already listed - MDS shutoff not working, upgrade not available on in stock units yet, $50 cable that should be included already, etc. Now these C/S issues... I guess it's time to get serious about finding a spare PCM and going with a real tuner.

OP
OP
N

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Today makes 1 month since the Pulsar was shipped back to Edge and no refund!!! I filed a case with the Utah Better Business Bureau today. Hopefully that will help??? This is completely unacceptable, and I hope anyone considering buying an Edge product will rethink their decision. You have been forewarned.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm so glad I saw this, i almost pulled the trigger last week but you pushed me to a pcm swap and i3 tuner!

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya shouldn't have to go through that kind of BS. I hate to see them stay in business . I would go to every forum I could find and post a link to this thread.