Edge Pulsar Death

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all I have a Pulsar which I've loved since I got it. It was working great then randomly lately it started going into 6th rather than 8th on start up as if it thought I had a 6 speed. This was random half the time it would do it and half the time it would just go to 8 as it should. No big deal as I'd just manually bump to 8th. Everything else seemed to work fine.

Went to run to the bank today and noticed something felt odd, and eco light was on (I have it set to off as I use level 8 no mds). I go to my main screen to try to see what mode the pulsar is in and its not there at all.. Trucks in stock. So I pull over and pop the hood, and make sure its still plugged in all the way which it was.

Unseated the plugs and pushed them back in. Turned truck on, no pulsar. I think mine died.

Unfortunately I bought it off facebook market. It was brand new factory sealed and had never been opened. But thats going to screw me on any warranty.

Wondering if maybe I could try to flash it back to life or something?

Also I think my battery may be getting towards life end. Voltage issue maybe? Factory battery is 4 years old with 40k, but it barely started the other day on a cold weather start. Also have noticed some weird stuff with the display randomly flashing a cruise control message for no reason. Very quick flash and back to normal.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Electronic hissy fits on a 4 yr old battery are par for the course.
Time for a fresh AGM battery.

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah thinking that might be a good idea. I pulled the Pulsar off last night and sprayed it and the plugs down with some electronic safe cleaner. Put it back on and its working again. However its still doing the randomly thinks I have a 6 speed rather than an 8 speed.

Hoping that a new battery fixes that. Or maybe flashing the Pulsar, I don't have the cable yet.

Also noted the issues happened after I installed a new much larger deck, amp, sub etc. So that extra draw on an old battery probably isn't helping.

Last edited:

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
yea that’s what thinking battery. ive noticed my electronics are acting strange so i think my battery is on it’s way out