Edge Pulsar issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Ive had this installed for 8 months or so. I really only bought it for the tire size adjustment but who doesnt like more power. A couple times when I first got it, my dashblit up, check engine light and throttle pedal goes crazy. I checked the ground and tightened it really good and it does great but I very rarely take it off stock.
Well, the other day I did. For the 2 weeks prior, my mileage normally 15.5avg went to 12.5avg. No changes, no check engine nothing but It seems like the MDS wasnt engaging as often hence worse mileage.So I thought I'd try the economy setting. That lasted 5 minutes, went back to stock and bam, xmas lights on my dash. Turned it off and restarted. Everything was fine but the check engine stayed on as expected. I checked the codes and there were 2. To engine one A/T. One was U1400 which ive never had before. I cleared it and so far, mileage is back to normal.
1 Is there anything else I can do so I can change the pulsar on the fly as designed and it not flip out.
2. Does the U1400 normally cause a check engine light to come on?
If my mileage tanks again or I don't notice the MDS kicking in as usual I will check for codes.

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t know much about pulsar. I have a Diablo tuner and Greene tune. I get better gas mileage without mds always have. Even at stock. If mds is the big issue I doubt very much it would drop your mileage that much. My other trucks did better without mds. I doesn’t save you if anything on gas. Also I have heard pulsar is totally hit and miss. Take it off and see how it does stock.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
OP - your post says you have an MDS engine, but your avatar says you have an old Cummins 5.9 diesel engine in a 2007 MY truck. What do you actually have?

NP here with my Edge Pulsar - 6.4 Hemi. btw, it's made by Diablo Sport also.

OP
OP
Fireman48

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
OP - your post says you have an MDS engine, but your avatar says you have an old Cummins 5.9 diesel engine in a 2007 MY truck. What do you actually have?

NP here with my Edge Pulsar - 6.4 Hemi. btw, it's made by Diablo Sport also.
I traded the Cummins for the blue 2019. I guess I still had the Cummins when I joined the forum. My bad.
I guess I could take it out and put it back in see if I'm missing something.

OP
OP
Fireman48

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
Sending it back to Pulsar for replacement
tomorrow. Quick turn around.