Edge Pulsar on the dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW, I have seen pretty steady gains of 30+ and thought that was pretty darn good but 50 hp is HUGE!

if anyone is interested in this for a 4th or 5th gen feel free to reach out to us for a quote. just send me a message

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats awsome that you dyno'd one!!
I knew it made a difference on both my trucks but no idea actual numbers other than what Edge stated!
I heard all the time that a custom is hands down better, and can attest to that but when warranty applies the pulsar is awsome!!

OP
OP
Musky Mike

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thats awsome that you dyno'd one!!
I knew it made a difference on both my trucks but no idea actual numbers other than what Edge stated!
I heard all the time that a custom is hands down better, and can attest to that but when warranty applies the pulsar is awsome!!
I didn't dyno it, I found it on youtube.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
is this a plug and play tuner? please quote for my 2020 Ram Limited air suspension 5.7
See my post about Pulsar issues on the new 2019 and up as well as other posts. When it works its great but I still can't get the Gremlins out.
Maybe Nick could help out??

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I sure like mine. All I know is my experience and the advertised improvements.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ok, so that way I'm reading it the truck did NOT gain 50 hp. They were just able to do a full RPM pull with the speed-limiter removed. If they had dyno'd in a lower gear it would have been a better representation. I doubt there has ever been a stock factory NA vehicle gain 50 hp with just a tune, or even close to it. Just doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
Musky Mike

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
They had problems with the speed limiter and not being able to use a correct gear. They were not able to get a true max HP gain, only "this is what we could get".

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They had problems with the speed limiter and not being able to use a correct gear. They were not able to get a true max HP gain, only "this is what we could get".

Yes, but later in this long-winded video they claim to have picked up close to 50hp. IMO it's really a misleading video and they're either just pushing for views or trying to sell product/services for whatever reason.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK all the hype aside with this Pulsar and its ALLEGED gains. Would it be fair to say that you are just spending money on higher octane gas. I mean seriuosly what are the nut and bolts explanation of HOW it does this amazing ALLEGED power increase..?? Just a queation for a layman explanation ..anyone..GOTEXHAUST..??..Nick??

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK all the hype aside with this Pulsar and its ALLEGED gains. Would it be fair to say that you are just spending money on higher octane gas. I mean seriuosly what are the nut and bolts explanation of HOW it does this amazing ALLEGED power increase..?? Just a queation for a layman explanation ..anyone..GOTEXHAUST..??..Nick??
It allows for more timing, enough to see gains on premium which supposedly you cannot do on the factory tune which just allows for 87 or 89 octane. I can honestly see where you can pick up maybe 10-12 HP with this but yes you will have to run premium. I could see maybe picking up a used one on eBay or something but these things are over $500 US new so I would just spend the money on a real tuner and a custom tune if it was me.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm..I agree with you.. An Expensive item ( over $500 USD )with constant cost drag using 91 octane and really will i notice 10-15 nah don't need it it ...thanks for the reality check!