Edge Pulsar up indates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope they are working on being able to adjust fan temps for an efan conversion.

i hate to say it but i’d be surprised if they included that. i’m curious how they’re going to allow us to adjust tire size without an external display. if they’re utilizing the evic....I don’t know how that will go.

unless we will all be plugging laptops into our trucks and adjusting that way. if that’s the case, i’d be more confident that we’d get fan temp adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I looked over the PDF instructions for the updates to the Pulsar. It will be on the center digital display top center. You adjust axle ratio and tire size by pressing gas pedal down to desired ratio and tire size

I already use a quickcal for my tires, but I'm still interested in updating mine. I reached out to Powerteq to see if I can get a USB interface, but I'm curious to know what they're using in the case I can't get one right away. If its using a commodity interface like the ELM327 then I should already have the required hardware to update it so long as ignition recognizes it. I also asked if they're going to support updating via an intune or trinity since I currently use an i3 for tuning my chally.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked over the PDF instructions for the updates to the Pulsar. It will be on the center digital display top center. You adjust axle ratio and tire size by pressing gas pedal down to desired ratio and tire size

And if you have a Pedal Commander, you won't even have to press that hard, hah!

TXCOMT

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

any updates? i want to reach out to someone at edge and get them to show me some love too! lol

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the ODB2 to USB cable in the mail yesterday from Edge. Gonna try the update when I get home with my girls laptop. I'll let ya know how it goes.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got the ODB2 to USB cable in the mail yesterday from Edge. Gonna try the update when I get home with my girls laptop. I'll let ya know how it goes.

nice. can you post a pic of the obd2 to usb cable? curious if it's EDGE branded. If not, I'll try to find something compatible online.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is great news. Tire sizing changes was one of the things I wish this unit would do. The other is eliminate the top speed limiter

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here is the cable they sent me. It says Holley on the USB side.

View attachment 136914

Hmm wasn't able to find one available for sale and PowerTEQ hasn't gotten back to me. Any chance you could let us know what it identifies itself as when you plug it into a machine. If we can get the hardware/vendor ID we should be able to find what interface its using to see if a 3rd party interface will work (I'm impatient lol). This is what the ELMScan I use for checking out various vehicles looks like on my workstation and my garage windows box.

ELMSCAN macOS.png

ELMSCAN Windblows.png

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
interested to see how it goes.

fyi I noticed that edge provides the updater for windows AND mac. pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk