Effects on lowering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have been spending too much time on this forum since giving in my 2 week notice at work.

Questions on lowering, does lowering the truck have any pros and/or cons? I don’t want to do anything too crazy but I see too much wheel well on my truck

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pro's if done correctly: will drive like a go cart on rails and stay flat during cornering, way kewel looking too.
Con's if done incorrectly: will drive like ****, bottom out on everything, will be all over the road and feel totally F'd up.

OP
OP
D

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pro's if done correctly: will drive like a go cart on rails and stay flat during cornering, way kewel looking too.
Con's if done incorrectly: will drive like ****, bottom out on everything, will be all over the road and feel totally F'd up.

Haha thanks what lowering kit will allow me to keep my stock 20” rims?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2015 has coil springs all the way around doesn't it? Regardless, McCaughey's (spelling?) is who I used, but mine has dropped spindles up front and a flip kit in back with sport shocks all the way around. I had a friend that used McCaughey's (spelling?) for his 4th Gen, all coils springs and his came out great too. Others have used comparable components from other companies with similar results. Use a kit, don't just start chopping off coils!

OP
OP
D

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2015 has coil springs all the way around doesn't it? Regardless, McCaughey's (spelling?) is who I used, but mine has dropped spindles up front and a flip kit in back with sport shocks all the way around. I had a friend that used McCaughey's (spelling?) for his 4th Gen, all coils springs and his came out great too. Others have used comparable components from other companies with similar results. Use a kit, don't just start chopping off coils!

Thanks time to sink some more money into this truck

Mcginnis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the inez hotrods kit. Best kit if you're wanting lower than a 2/4 drop

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw where belltech has a new 964hkp kit with coilovers for our trucks, its $$ like 1600, looks like it comes with more parts than the spring and shock kits. Cant find any more info on it though

Wicked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw where belltech has a new 964hkp kit with coilovers for our trucks, its $$ like 1600, looks like it comes with more parts than the spring and shock kits. Cant find any more info on it though
Pretty sure that’s the 4x4 drop kit.
*Edit: nvm seems to be some new sort of performance handling kit.

RTnoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I got the 964HKP on order. I called Belltech to get more info, didn't get much help. Guy said no coilover and the spring rates are higher. For the cost it should come with coilovers but it doesn't say coilovers on belltechs site. I wanted to know how the front height is adjusted if there's no coilovers but he didn't seem to know much. Every site has different info for this kit. He did say I was the first to order it but they're still putting the kits together.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rtnoob, I'm curious if the hkp kit includes anything like the illicit brackets to deal with control arm angle. If you can ask em to send a part sheet for item thanks for the info

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I second that!

RTnoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rtnoob, I'm curious if the hkp kit includes anything like the illicit brackets to deal with control arm angle. If you can ask em to send a part sheet for item thanks for the info
You talking about the rear control arm relocation brackets?

RTnoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can see the rear shocks are double valve and the front single. Everyingthing else is the same as the reg kit.

Panhard relocation

I hope to get it in next weekend.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You talking about the rear control arm relocation brackets?
Yeah, didnt know if they had done anything to address s pool me of the issues people have had.so it's just higher grade shocks?

RTnoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, didnt know if they had done anything to address s pool me of the issues people have had.so it's just higher grade shocks?

Yep, front you can adjustable compression, rear compression and rebound. Wish it was a 2/3, I tow to much for a 2/4.

RTnoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little to low in the rear for me. Going to put some GF 2" I have in. Make it a 2/2, kit took about 2 and a half hrs to put in. Not bad

20190413_152835.jpg