EGR Spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
This could possibly aid in keeping the 3rd brake light from leaking as it looks to add a little umbrella to the light.. just a thought...

Last edited:

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is really my own personal preference, but I'm sort of torn on my decision on whether or not I should get the EGR Cab Spoiler paint matched or leave it matte? My truck is Hydro Blue w/ the Mopar matte black hood decals, the mirrors and door handles are also the OEM matte black, and my tonneau cover is the MX4 with the matte black texture finish.

I think leaving it matte would sort of tie in things on the truck from front to back, but I'm also afraid if I leave it matte black, that I'll have a bit of the "autozone special" look, just sort of slapped on there. Decisions, decisions....

truck.jpg

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree I feel if you leave it matte colored, it will look as if you didn’t want to spend the money to paint it. I kept mine black to tie in my “ Tri “ colored look.a268e4f702aa36c51ebc292c6c163f2e.jpg

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I mean it will tie in with the decal, mirrors, door handles, bed cover....but still sort of lacks that finished look.

Maybe if there wasn't that very thin line of visible paint underneath, at the back it would look more natural than stuck on. [emoji2369]

Probably just going to paint it. I found on Amazon that has there's a company Dawn Enterprises that paints the EGR spoiler and shipped through Sport Wing Auto Accessories (solid Amazon reviews) them out painted. Would save a little bit of hassle of having to get it, take it to paint and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I know this is really my own personal preference, but I'm sort of torn on my decision on whether or not I should get the EGR Cab Spoiler paint matched or leave it matte? My truck is Hydro Blue w/ the Mopar matte black hood decals, the mirrors and door handles are also the OEM matte black, and my tonneau cover is the MX4 with the matte black texture finish.

I think leaving it matte would sort of tie in things on the truck from front to back, but I'm also afraid if I leave it matte black, that I'll have a bit of the "autozone special" look, just sort of slapped on there. Decisions, decisions....

View attachment 170579

Just throw some clear on it to keep the matte look. I like the blue/matte black contrast

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! The spoiler looks pretty good IMO regardless painted or not.

Just throw some clear on it to keep the matte look. I like the blue/matte black contrast

It is pretty appealing! But I've already been contemplating painting mirrors and get matched door handles when I do push start/proximity.

I think the semi-permanent install is what is giving me the most indecision. Can't slap it on matte and decide later that I'd like it painted and easily pull it off.

Last edited:

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see that you can get these pre painted. Has anyone here ordered one from https://www.dawn-ent.com in brilliant black crystal? Thinking about getting one and was wondering how the paint match is and what your opinion is.

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see that you can get these pre painted. Has anyone here ordered one from https://www.dawn-ent.com in brilliant black crystal? Thinking about getting one and was wondering how the paint match is and what your opinion is.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not, but something to consider: I ordered my EGR spoiler unpainted from another seller. Unfortunately it arrived damaged/cracked (thanks UPS) in the corner. I didn't have any issues returning it and getting a quick replacement though. I then had mine painted locally.

A painted one will have a longer ship lead time and if it were to arrive damaged, to get a replacement would require an increased timeline as well. But that may not be an important factor for you.

I can't speak for the packaging process of the company that paints them, but I went through a bad streak of UPS seemingly going out of their way to mis-handle my packages and requiring returns due to damage.