EGR valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddyrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, I am stumped and need some help. I have an 03 dodge ram 2500 4wd with the 5.7 hemi engine. The engine is not original to the truck. I have been chasing some codes and the egr valve replacement has come as a recommendation. I can access the valve easy enough. Changing it out shouldn't be that hard. my problem is the wiring. when the previous owner swapped out the engine, the plug for the egr valve was not hooked up. Should be an easy fix except that the harness side plug is nowhere to be found. I can wire a new one in but I have no idea where to even begin. Does anyone have a diagram that i can reference or advice in general? Thanks in advance for all your help guys and gals.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
LMAO........that's because 2003's don't HAVE EGR. Nothing to hook up. You need to delete it so your truck will run right.

OP
OP
M

muddyrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
LMAO........
hat's because 2003's don't HAVE EGR. Nothing to hook up. You need to delete it so your truck will run right.
should have specified. the body, frame, and i was told the harness is an 2003. The motor came out of a 2004 model truck. did the 2004 engines have one? if not, where is the best place to look for the delete kit or a plate to cover the hole when I take this off?

Attachments

• 20220929_135223.jpg
    20220929_135223.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 5

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Even if you had a newer 2500, they don't come with EGR either. The engine itself is the same, you just have the port on the front of the head and the matching one on the intake manifold (absolutely cannot forget this ne or the engine will run like ****). Some people make their own (if you have the metal and skills); less companies are making them as the engine gets older: https://www.3rdstrikeperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7875