Eibach front struts and springs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
^^^ Very nice looks great man

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn that looks good @FF1899! I'm jealous that you were able to get the Eibach kit lol I just placed an order for the Readylift SST kit today, so we'll see how that goes once I get it in and installed. Love the stance yours has! What size tires are you running now?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn that looks good @FF1899! I'm jealous that you were able to get the Eibach kit lol I just placed an order for the Readylift SST kit today, so we'll see how that goes once I get it in and installed. Love the stance yours has! What size tires are you running now?
33 12.5 22 on 22x12. If and when I can flip these tires I'll be tossing on 35s there is plenty of room

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
33 12.5 22 on 22x12. If and when I can flip these tires I'll be tossing on 35s there is plenty of room
Dude, you could fit 37s.....just sayin [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No way......stick to your budget :emotions33:

J/k.....Looks great, I like those wheels. Just go buy some 35’s then list those tires on CL, my 37’s sold within 10 days

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks Great FF, but I'm slightly confused here (as if that is unusual)...
You are running your front struts at the 3.5" clip and so is Mike, but Mike's CV angles look to be significantly less than yours.
Am I missing something? What is the diff. between what he has done and yours at this point?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm hoping to do this same setup on the front of my 2016 and run it at 3.5" and maybe do a 1" spacer on the stock rear to keep the truck flatter with a load in the bed/on the hitch. I currently have a 2-3/4" difference in fender lip height between the front and rear (all stock right now).
I'm not looking for a Baja 100 suspension, just more ride height to keep the running boards/side steps from being a bottoming issue when I go off road (mainly easy 2 track riding or through a field to fetch a dead deer). Glad to hear you think the road-ride is still OK. "Tighter" to some degree is fine by me I guess. Just don't wanna lose any fillings in my teeth on a Michigan pot-hole...

sequoia464

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are running your front struts at the 3.5" clip and so is Mike, but Mike's CV angles look to be significantly less than yours.
Am I missing something? What is the diff. between what he has done and yours at this point?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm hoping to do this same setup on the front of my 2016 and run it at 3.5" and maybe do a 1" spacer on the stock rear to keep the truck flatter with a load in the bed/on the hitch. I currently have a 2-3/4" difference in fender lip height between the front and rear (all stock right now).
I'm not looking for a Baja 100 suspension, just more ride height to keep the running boards/side steps from being a bottoming issue when I go off road (mainly easy 2 track riding or through a field to fetch a dead deer). Glad to hear you think the road-ride is still OK. "Tighter" to some degree is fine by me I guess. Just don't wanna lose any fillings in my teeth on a Michigan pot-hole...

I think FF used the third clip, not the second one that is for the 3.5".

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller

You sure about those numbers Ferris?

Yes I used the lowest groove. With the Eibach Springs that is the 2.75" lift setting. The next one up is 3.5" which I felt would be too much.

New springs installed and just for the hell of it I went to the 3rd notch up while I was in there. Brought the truck up to 41.5 in the front and the back to 43

So lowest is 2.75, next is 3.5....so third is what....4.25?....plus his coils are longer than the standard Eibach coils he was first sent?

Stock is about 36.75 so with after at 41.5 that's 4.75" of front lift without any tire change

Last edited:
OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You sure about those numbers Ferris?

So lowest is 2.75, next is 3.5....so third is what....4.25?....plus his coils are longer than the standard Eibach coils he was first sent?

Stock is about 36.75 so with after at 41.5 that's 4.75" of front lift without any tire change
As usual. Nailed it

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Wow, so the Eibach struts can offer as much as 4.25" lift? I thought 3.5" was the highest clip setting; my bad... Do they have any more stretch left in them at 4.25"?

Have we ascertained if FF's new coils are the correct ones (like Mike first got and used) or are they even longer than Mike's coils?

If I can set them at 3.5" and get just as flat of a CV/axle angle as Mike did, I'll be pretty skitched.
Currently my front is at @36.5" and the back is at 39.25"

Also, a lot of guys mention them so I've been looking at those Mevotech UCA's and for the life of me I ask "Why"? They don't seem to change the angle of the ball joint at all, so besides a little more strength possibly, why would you change to them when lifting a truck? Are they slightly longer to help compensate to the inboard wheel/hub tilt after lifting? Aren't the UCAs that also change the ball joint angle also longer to accomplish that same purpose?

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Wow, so the Eibach struts can offer as much as 4.25" lift? I thought 3.5" was the highest clip setting; my bad... Do they have any more stretch left in them at 4.25"?

Have we ascertained if FF's new coils are the correct ones (like Mike first got and used) or are they even longer than Mike's coils?

If I can set them at 3.5" and get just as flat of a CV/axle angle as Mike did, I'll be pretty skitched.
Currently my front is at @36.5" and the back is at 39.25"

They can go higher than that, their are more grooves :peace:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
LoL...
Yea, crank 'em up!
Soon they won't be "A" arms, they will be "U" arms...
LoL...

Yeah Buddy!!!! Nah you just have to add a couple washers to the upper ball joint and it'll be fine

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What high angle CVs did you go with @FF1899?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hopefully the last pic I take with 33s on it. The height is on point for what I need and still love the ride.View attachment 165597

I know there is a lot to comb through in this thread, but could you post your final cv angles, strut notch, eibach coil length and rear lift height? Just so that everyone has it all in one place.

I’m close to pulling the trigger on the coils, but I don’t want to get the shorter ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk