Eibach front struts and springs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there is a lot to comb through in this thread, but could you post your final cv angles, strut notch, eibach coil length and rear lift height? Just so that everyone has it all in one place.

I’m close to pulling the trigger on the coils, but I don’t want to get the shorter

They removed the front coils from their website and are no longer available.

Temporary or permanent.....nobody knows

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They removed the front coils from their website and are no longer available.

Temporary or permanent.....nobody knows

Dang... well, they’re still on eBay [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang... well, they’re still on eBay [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you better confirm they are in stock and ready to ship before purchasing lol

I would imagine they'll get this resolved, maybe email them and ask

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would imagine they'll get this resolved, maybe email them and ask

I did just that a couple weeks ago....
(I emailed that Eibach guy that posted in this thread).

So far, nuthin'...
:(

Like Dalton, I too would like to see all the requested info... (part numbers would be awesome too).
Did we ever figure out if FF's newest springs were the same ones Mike got originally?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sounds like eibach is full panic mode. Hopefully they resolve this for customers with bogus products

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I did just that a couple weeks ago....
(I emailed that Eibach guy that posted in this thread).

So far, nuthin'...
:(

Like Dalton, I too would like to see all the requested info... (part numbers would be awesome too).
Did we ever figure out if FF's newest springs were the same ones Mike got originally?

They ghosted me hard. I'm just going to make do with what I have from them until later on when I can get some real coilovers.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What settings are you going to use?

Make sure you take before and after measurements so we know if the coils gave any lift

I'll take measurements later since I still need to torque things down tomorrow (kicked my ass today) and do the the rear panhard/carli bracket/billstein springs, but on notch 3 they took a lot of sag out. Getting the damn things compressed was an act of witchcraft as far as I'm concerned, but after several minutes of the impact running at 150psi on the compressors it was doable. Didn't have many before photos and the after photo is at an odd angle due to my fathers drive way, but the difference is notable. I'll probably take measurements after I get it aligned and let it settle for a few days to give accurate numbers.

Based on some old photos it got me just a bit higher than my 5100's at notch 4 before any of the bumpers and other stuff went on the truck after I moved back to the middle of nowhere.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Reactions: JB1

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll take measurements later since I still need to torque things down tomorrow (kicked my ass today) and do the the rear panhard/carli bracket/billstein springs, but on notch 3 they took a lot of sag out. Getting the damn things compressed was an act of witchcraft as far as I'm concerned, but after several minutes of the impact running at 150psi on the compressors it was doable. Didn't have many before photos and the after photo is at an odd angle due to my fathers drive way, but the difference is notable. I'll probably take measurements after I get it aligned and let it settle for a few days to give accurate numbers.

Based on some old photos it got me just a bit higher than my 5100's at notch 4 before any of the bumpers and other stuff went on the truck after I moved back to the middle of nowhere.

View attachment 168295

View attachment 168296

So yea they don't really give the advertised lift at ring 3 with the extra weight of a bumper, but it rides a ton nicer and is pretty close to what it was before the bumpers. I'm sure I'll lose a little bit on the alignment, but still fine by me compared to what it was. The damn thing rides a ton better and I don't hit my bump stops during normal drives out here on the country roads. The carli bracket is just a bit too much correction for the Bilstein 1" springs + .75 TGC spacers with my static weight, but I'd rather it be a little low and keep from yawing as much at full extension then be high all the time. I am also glad I decided to keep my rear spacers with the Bilstein springs since they're just enough to keep me from having the cali dude bro lean when I hitch up one our utility trailers to move stuff around the property or when I load up the bed with supplies.

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks good! I wish my rear sat up a bit higher. What were your initial numbers?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks good! I wish my rear sat up a bit higher. What were your initial numbers?

Honestly I didn't measure them. I went into it with some serious lumbar pain and only with the help of my old man (also in some serious pain) did we get it done. I don't have any good pictures but before it was almost on par with my uncles stock 2WD 1500 5.7 so it was pretty damn low upfront lol. Judging by some old pictures it got me close to the truck mostly stock with 5100's at 2.1" and 1211 springs with the .75" TGC spacers.

Here's the only photos I have pre-bumpers at 2.1" and 1211"s with the .75 spacer.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Edit* I'll take some measurements after I get it aligned this week, hopefully tomorrow, to get accurate numbers. I'll do hubs to fender and ground to fender with my 275/65R20"s. Once I get some good consulting cash or some more oil sales I'm gonna throw some 17x8.5 Method 701's with 315/70R17 STT Pro's on it since most of my driving is either **** dirt roads or county roads.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Honestly I didn't measure them. I went into it with some serious lumbar pain and only with the help of my old man (also in some serious pain) did we get it done. I don't have any good pictures but before it was almost on par with my uncles stock 2WD 1500 5.7 so it was pretty damn low upfront lol. Judging by some old pictures it got me close to the truck mostly stock with 5100's at 2.1" and 1211 springs with the .75" TGC spacers.

Here's the only photos I have pre-bumpers at 2.1" and 1211"s with the .75 spacer.

View attachment 168382

View attachment 168383

View attachment 168384

Edit* I'll take some measurements after I get it aligned this week, hopefully tomorrow, to get accurate numbers. I'll do hubs to fender and ground to fender with my 275/65R20"s. Once I get some good consulting cash or some more oil sales I'm gonna throw some 17x8.5 Method 701's with 315/70R17 STT Pro's on it since most of my driving is either **** dirt roads or county roads.
We'll compare once you post up. I really do miss the look of the 17s on my truck. These 20s drive so much better on the road tho, which is where I spend 100% of my time. Actually was gonna ask if those were 275 65s and if so did it make a noticeable difference from the 60s. My baby diesel doesn't like big tires and after this stupid updated FCA tune it's a bit worse off power and economy wise. Actually pulled my 315s off and went back to this stock stuff. So I'm just sticking practical and gonna get that size before winter. They are same size as the 315s in height, but shouldn't kill me near as bad being not quite 11" wide and a good bit less weight wise.

Your trucks gonna look sick on that combo when you get it for sure.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We'll compare once you post up. I really do miss the look of the 17s on my truck. These 20s drive so much better on the road tho, which is where I spend 100% of my time. Actually was gonna ask if those were 275 65s and if so did it make a noticeable difference from the 60s. My baby diesel doesn't like big tires and after this stupid updated FCA tune it's a bit worse off power and economy wise. Actually pulled my 315s off and went back to this stock stuff. So I'm just sticking practical and gonna get that size before winter. They are same size as the 315s in height, but shouldn't kill me near as bad being not quite 11" wide and a good bit less weight wise.

Your trucks gonna look sick on that combo when you get it for sure.

I had the 275/65R20 BFG's on at about 500 miles all bone stock. Compared to the SRA's that came stock they only lost about .5mpg highway and about 2 mpg city with the 5.7 and were well worth it when I did have to venture out to the property (Was living in the city at the time mostly highway miles). If you want to stay with the narrower size on the 20"s I'd recommend that size and it seems to really depend on the tires since my buddy runs the same size with ridge grapplers and lost about 1 mpg highway.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I had the 275/65R20 BFG's on at about 500 miles all bone stock. Compared to the SRA's that came stock they only lost about .5mpg highway and about 2 mpg city with the 5.7 and were well worth it when I did have to venture out to the property (Was living in the city at the time mostly highway miles). If you want to stay with the narrower size on the 20"s I'd recommend that size and it seems to really depend on the tires since my buddy runs the same size with ridge grapplers and lost about 1 mpg highway.

I won't even scoff at that!. My 315s on the 17s cost me like 5-7mpg. Granted the duratracs roll like they are in warm honey on pavement so there's that. Paired to the little 3.0 I have and it was hard pushing them at 75-80mph daily. Around town was actually awesome, highway suffered and I'm commuting too much. So I'm sticking with these bro 20s and gonna compromise on necessity a bit. That's what I was hoping to hear!

Go ice your back!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yea they don't really give the advertised lift at ring 3 with the extra weight of a bumper, but it rides a ton nicer and is pretty close to what it was before the bumpers. I'm sure I'll lose a little bit on the alignment, but still fine by me compared to what it was. The damn thing rides a ton better and I don't hit my bump stops during normal drives out here on the country roads. The carli bracket is just a bit too much correction for the Bilstein 1" springs + .75 TGC spacers with my static weight, but I'd rather it be a little low and keep from yawing as much at full extension then be high all the time. I am also glad I decided to keep my rear spacers with the Bilstein springs since they're just enough to keep me from having the cali dude bro lean when I hitch up one our utility trailers to move stuff around the property or when I load up the bed with supplies.

View attachment 168378

View attachment 168379

View attachment 168380

View attachment 168381
What trackbar do you have back there ? and are those Mevotech HD front LCA's ?
I have the airlift 1000 bags prettu much brand new in a box sitting in my garage, I opened the box to verify content but never got them installed. PM me for price if you want them.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 168378

View attachment 168379

View attachment 168380

View attachment 168381
Did you notice anything at all with the front links? I've been debating on tossing a set of those in but didnt know if it was worth doing till the old go or not

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What trackbar do you have back there ? and are those Mevotech HD front LCA's ?
I have the airlift 1000 bags prettu much brand new in a box sitting in my garage, I opened the box to verify content but never got them installed. PM me for price if you want them.

That's the Core 4x4 stage 3 which is heavy as **** so getting it in there was fun (We were pretty tired) and those are indeed Mevotech TTX LCA's which weigh about double the stock LCA's (Also a lot of fun getting in there). I figured with the weight of the bumper and the fact I was already doing upgrades it was worth while. Seeing how much beefier they were in person I'm glad I did the upgrade given the extra weight upfront and the less than stellar "roads" I live on. Between those and the JBA UCA's the steering is a lot tighter and it just feels more put together as the suspension articulates. I also have some TTX outer end links that I'll have my alignment guy put on when it gets up on the rack. The angle of the photo is awkward, but the combo did give me a bit more down travel at full droop compared to the stock stuff, but probably no more than any other good UCA. I might measure them later on if I feel so inclined to jack up the truck, but that would have to be on a day when I'm feeling better than usual.

I had thought about doing some bags, but since my folks live about 5 minutes away now I can just borrow the 2500 if I need to move anything extra heavy and leave my 1500 for daily stuff and a bit of fun.

Did you notice anything at all with the front links? I've been debating on tossing a set of those in but didnt know if it was worth doing till the old go or not

I killed my stockers around 8k and have had those on since then so I'd say they are noticeably better, but they are finicky. You've got to get them just the right tightness to compress the bushings just right and as the bushings wear you have to tighten them back down or it's rattle city on the dirt roads I live on now. I suspect I'll be replacing the bushings or the links all together in another 10 -15k miles, but being sagged out with the bumpers for a few thousand miles before I did the eibach springs contributed heavily to their wear. I wish someone like BWoody or Core made some custom length fixed end links with high durometer bushings as I would snap those up as soon as possible after my experience with the BWoody links on my Challenger.

Go ice your back!
Way ahead of you. A hot followed by ice cold shower, a few cold beers, my special chair, and some muscle relaxers got me feeling fairly decent lol.

IMG_0482.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the Core 4x4 stage 3 which is heavy as **** so getting it in there was fun (We were pretty tired) and those are indeed Mevotech TTX LCA's which weigh about double the stock LCA's (Also a lot of fun getting in there). I figured with the weight of the bumper and the fact I was already doing upgrades it was worth while. Seeing how much beefier they were in person I'm glad I did the upgrade given the extra weight upfront and the less than stellar "roads" I live on. Between those and the JBA UCA's the steering is a lot tighter and it just feels more put together as the suspension articulates. I also have some TTX outer end links that I'll have my alignment guy put on when it gets up on the rack. The angle of the photo is awkward, but the combo did give me a bit more down travel at full droop compared to the stock stuff, but probably no more than any other good UCA. I might measure them later on if I feel so inclined to jack up the truck, but that would have to be on a day when I'm feeling better than usual.

I had thought about doing some bags, but since my folks live about 5 minutes away now I can just borrow the 2500 if I need to move anything extra heavy and leave my 1500 for daily stuff and a bit of fun.

I killed my stockers around 8k and have had those on since then so I'd say they are noticeably better, but they are finicky. You've got to get them just the right tightness to compress the bushings just right and as the bushings wear you have to tighten them back down or it's rattle city on the dirt roads I live on now. I suspect I'll be replacing the bushings or the links all together in another 10 -15k miles, but being sagged out with the bumpers for a few thousand miles before I did the eibach springs contributed heavily to their wear. I wish someone like BWoody or Core made some custom length fixed end links with high durometer bushings as I would snap those up as soon as possible after my experience with the BWoody links on my Challenger.

Way ahead of you. A hot followed by ice cold shower, a few cold beers, my special chair, and some muscle relaxers got me feeling fairly decent lol.

View attachment 168389

Do you have a part number on those TTX outer end links ?

I have the extended version of the Suspensionmax sway bar links, love their durability but have learned to live with their chatty clicky clicky... I managed to kill the bushings on brand new Oreally's sway bar links in a matter of hours same way twice, this ones can hold a beating at 70mph on fun dirt offroad trails witouth a sweat so that's more than enough to turn my ear the other way around when they start singing :)

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have a part number on those TTX outer end links ?

I have the extended version of the Suspensionmax sway bar links, love their durability but have learned to live with their chatty clicky clicky... I managed to kill the bushings on brand new Oreally's sway bar links in a matter of hours same way twice, this ones can hold a beating at 70mph on fun dirt offroad trails witouth a sweat so that's more than enough to turn my ear the other way around when they start singing :)

The photos don't do them justice, in person they look quite a bit beefier than the stockers.

https://partsonline.mevotech.com/details/TXMS25649

Yea I have the extended links as well. They didn't start making too much noise until the truck got all sagged out with the bumper. I'll probably pick up the bushing kit for them once they start making noise again now that the front of the truck is back off the ground.

https://suspensionmaxx.com/product/SMX-LRK1

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The photos don't do them justice, in person they look quite a bit beefier than the stockers.

https://partsonline.mevotech.com/details/TXMS25649

Yea I have the extended links as well. They didn't start making too much noise until the truck got all sagged out with the bumper. I'll probably pick up the bushing kit for them once they start making noise again now that the front of the truck is back off the ground.

https://suspensionmaxx.com/product/SMX-LRK1

Awesome thanks a lot for info.
I forgot to ask you on the TTX LCAs, do they come with new cam bolts? If not I’ll prob pick a fresh set of SPC 82420 to replace the stockers. I have about 70k miles on the truck and I have pretty much new suspension and ucas, but haven’t refreshed the lowers nor the outer tie rods, and my alignment gets messed up pretty much every time I drive in rocky trails so the Firestone lifetime alignment I have comes handy very often :). Hoping new HD outer BJs and new cam bolts alone with a much beefier LCA can mitigate some of that.