Eibach front struts and springs problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Awesome thanks a lot for info.
I forgot to ask you on the TTX LCAs, do they come with new cam bolts? If not I’ll prob pick a fresh set of SPC 82420 to replace the stockers. I have about 70k miles on the truck and I have pretty much new suspension and ucas, but haven’t refreshed the lowers nor the outer tie rods, and my alignment gets messed up pretty much every time I drive in rocky trails so the Firestone lifetime alignment I have comes handy very often :). Hoping new HD outer BJs and new cam bolts alone with a much beefier LCA can mitigate some of that.
You need moar cow bell and it fixes itself!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Awesome thanks a lot for info.
I forgot to ask you on the TTX LCAs, do they come with new cam bolts? If not I’ll prob pick a fresh set of SPC 82420 to replace the stockers. I have about 70k miles on the truck and I have pretty much new suspension and ucas, but haven’t refreshed the lowers nor the outer tie rods, and my alignment gets messed up pretty much every time I drive in rocky trails so the Firestone lifetime alignment I have comes handy very often :). Hoping new HD outer BJs and new cam bolts alone with a much beefier LCA can mitigate some of that.

They didn't come with cam bolts, but mine seemed OK so I just re-used them. The new Mevotech joints seem to be a lot better than the OE stuff, but only time will tell if they hold up. Unfortunately I can't get mine aligned today and my local guy is booked up for 2 weeks so now I gotta play phone games and figure out where I can get in without driving it too far.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
You know I vicariously live through you and your posts so I'm gonna need a video of you getting down in some whoops in that thing. I get my kicks hitting the milled sections of pavement running to work, but ya know it leaves alot to be desired.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
With it all aligned and buttoned up I'm pretty pleased with it. As mentioned in the other thread ended up at 39.5" upfront and 40.75" out back. Damn thing rides so much better now it's unreal. On the way home there's a long stretch of poorly maintained gravel county road and I hit about 70mph before I looked down to check my speed. Before I'd be lucky to even get close to 45mph lol. I can only imagine how well it would ride if I had ponied up the cash for the Kings, but those can always come later on once these 5100's are worn out.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
With it all aligned and buttoned up I'm pretty pleased with it. As mentioned in the other thread ended up at 39.5" upfront and 40.75" out back. Damn thing rides so much better now it's unreal. On the way home there's a long stretch of poorly maintained gravel county road and I hit about 70mph before I looked down to check my speed. Before I'd be lucky to even get close to 45mph lol. I can only imagine how well it would ride if I had ponied up the cash for the Kings, but those can always come later on once these 5100's are worn out.
If you get a min pull your hub to fender numbers. I'm curious and wanna compare. Depending on where I park dictates accuracy so I'll have to take a drive and find a level spot somewhere. Seems like builders around here have a lazy eye for level grade.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you get a min pull your hub to fender numbers. I'm curious and wanna compare. Depending on where I park dictates accuracy so I'll have to take a drive and find a level spot somewhere. Seems like builders around here have a lazy eye for level grade.

I wanna say it was roughly between 23 and 24. I'll go out there again once it stops raining and see if I can get a semi accurate measurement.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wanna say it was roughly between 23 and 24. I'll go out there again once it stops raining and see if I can get a semi accurate measurement.

So about 23.5 or a touch less up front and and just about 24.5 or a touch more out back, but that concrete pad ain't all that level. Unfortunately it's the most level spot out here at the property. Also I need to drop the pressure in my rear tires since I haven't towed anything in a while so they're giving the rear just a touch more height than the front with all that weight on it.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So about 23.5 or a touch less up front and and just about 24.5 or a touch more out back, but that concrete pad ain't all that level. Unfortunately it's the most level spot out here at the property. Also I need to drop the pressure in my rear tires since I haven't towed anything in a while so they're giving the rear just a touch more height than the front with all that weight on it.
I just checked mine, also not level perfectly so I averaged between the sides. 23.5 front 24" rear. Makes sense, my rear coils only get me .75-1" max in the rear, so those spacers equate that difference. Up front yoir sitting about 2.3-2.5" above stock.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just checked mine, also not level perfectly so I averaged between the sides. 23.5 front 24" rear. Makes sense, my rear coils only get me .75-1" max in the rear, so those spacers equate that difference. Up front yoir sitting about 2.3-2.5" above stock.

Sounds about right eyeballing it against some old pictures. Slightly disappointed the eibach's didn't lift as much as advertised, but then again I would've had to jump to a bigger rear spacer instead of keeping what I have to maintain rake. Since it rides so much better and isn't sagged out anymore it's gonna stay this way for a good while. Only thing left is wheels/tires, but I'll run out the BFG's before I spend money on rubber. I might also think about some flares to help with the filth from living off the beaten path, but I'll probably wait until after it's got new shoes.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sounds about right eyeballing it against some old pictures. Slightly disappointed the eibach's didn't lift as much as advertised, but then again I would've had to jump to a bigger rear spacer instead of keeping what I have to maintain rake. Since it rides so much better and isn't sagged out anymore it's gonna stay this way for a good while. Only thing left is wheels/tires, but I'll run out the BFG's before I spend money on rubber. I might also think about some flares to help with the filth from living off the beaten path, but I'll probably wait until after it's got new shoes.
It looks good! I wish I had a bit more rake, these rear coils are pretty soft for loads. But I'll be doin a bumper soon enough so I'm sure I'll have some rake after that. At least it rides alot better!

Id shop around for some flares man. I got mine for 40$ bucks. Spent like 20 on 3m tape and a bit of time installing. These and the flaps are so worth the fact I don't hardly have to clean my truck compared to before. Especially with that nice red paint. My white paint is hammered from road ****. Flaps and flares look MEH at best, but are so worth it when I head off the pavement.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It looks good! I wish I had a bit more rake, these rear coils are pretty soft for loads. But I'll be doin a bumper soon enough so I'm sure I'll have some rake after that. At least it rides alot better!

Id shop around for some flares man. I got mine for 40$ bucks. Spent like 20 on 3m tape and a bit of time installing. These and the flaps are so worth the fact I don't hardly have to clean my truck compared to before. Especially with that nice red paint. My white paint is hammered from road ****. Flaps and flares look MEH at best, but are so worth it when I head off the pavement.

Yea flaps would be nice for keeping my AMP boards clean. They're usually filthy as hell and occasionally get rocks and all other manner of crap thrown up on them. I mean **** even my Challenger has some tiny mudflaps since I didn't want to get my rear quarters all scratched up by the **** the sticky 305's pick up and throw around. I guess I need to hunt around for a set of OE/OE Style flares and then the matching flaps.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So yea they don't really give the advertised lift at ring 3 with the extra weight of a bumper, but it rides a ton nicer and is pretty close to what it was before the bumpers. I'm sure I'll lose a little bit on the alignment, but still fine by me compared to what it was. The damn thing rides a ton better and I don't hit my bump stops during normal drives out here on the country roads. The carli bracket is just a bit too much correction for the Bilstein 1" springs + .75 TGC spacers with my static weight, but I'd rather it be a little low and keep from yawing as much at full extension then be high all the time. I am also glad I decided to keep my rear spacers with the Bilstein springs since they're just enough to keep me from having the cali dude bro lean when I hitch up one our utility trailers to move stuff around the property or when I load up the bed with supplies.

View attachment 168378

View attachment 168379

View attachment 168380

View attachment 168381
Forgot to ask, how much of a pain is the carli bracket to install?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Forgot to ask, how much of a pain is the carli bracket to install?

It's a little bit of a ***** to get on there and on my truck needed some persuasion with a hammer to get it to sit right. That part of the frame is pretty tough and even with an M42 bit and a lot of cutting oil it took a while to get through with a 7 amp corded drill. My 1/2" M42 bit that was pretty fresh before ended up looking a bit worse for wear after wards. Since it was such a pain I opted to drill in place, hit all the exposed metal with clear, and put as many bolts as I could in before removing the stock bolt that helps you align it. Since it centers the axle I also primed the included coated hardware with threadlocker primer and used red threadlocker just to make sure it ain't going anywhere.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It's a little bit of a ***** to get on there and on my truck needed some persuasion with a hammer to get it to sit right. That part of the frame is pretty tough and even with an M42 bit and a lot of cutting oil it took a while to get through with a 7 amp corded drill. My 1/2" M42 bit that was pretty fresh before ended up looking a bit worse for wear after wards. Since it was such a pain I opted to drill in place, hit all the exposed metal with clear, and put as many bolts as I could in before removing the stock bolt that helps you align it. Since it centers the axle I also primed the included coated hardware with threadlocker primer and used red threadlocker just to make sure it ain't going anywhere.
Interesting, I'm still contemplating putting it on and getting better rear shocks and coils.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Interesting, I'm still contemplating putting it on and getting better rear shocks and coils.

Even though it was a major pain it's not the worst thing I've ever installed. I'd say my upfitter's were worse just due to the tight space on the firewall behind the battery for the fuse/relay box. For the price I'm glad I did it just to know the geometry is corrected even though the worst off road conditions I see are just crappy roads and creek bed crossings.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Even though it was a major pain it's not the worst thing I've ever installed. I'd say my upfitter's were worse just due to the tight space on the firewall behind the battery for the fuse/relay box. For the price I'm glad I did it just to know the geometry is corrected even though the worst off road conditions I see are just crappy roads and creek bed crossings.
Drilling under vehicles just suck in general. I may just pull the trigger on it. It's cheap enough. I don't really boogie offroad, but a proper setup suspension is so nice on a daily basis. Plus it's cheap. The other stuff I want isn't so much.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Drilling under vehicles just suck in general. I may just pull the trigger on it. It's cheap enough. I don't really boogie offroad, but a proper setup suspension is so nice on a daily basis. Plus it's cheap. The other stuff I want isn't so much.

That it does and that it is. They might also come in handy later on down the road if I ever do upgrade to something better. If I end up with King's some day I might shoot for a touch more lift upfront and try those Mopar/Superlift coils out back.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
That it does and that it is. They might also come in handy later on down the road if I ever do upgrade to something better. If I end up with King's some day I might shoot for a touch more lift upfront and try those Mopar/Superlift coils out back.
We are actually rolling ideas in another thread regarding the superlift mopar coils. Has my brain goin in circles. Hub to fender he sits 2-2.5" higher than me and I'm. 75"-1" over stock. So either my **** was so worn out that it was lower than stock by 1" or his truck sits huge. My truck would have insane rake tho and I surely have no room to raise the front anymore. So yea, I just need to leave this truck alone. But that never really happens. Lol