Eibach Pro Lift Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IARAM87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got this Eibach Kit from Nick at gotexhaust. So I have 35s with 17" wheels sitting in my garage and an ADD bumper that is roughly 70lbs. It seems like a lot of people are getting about 2ish inches on the 2.75 setting. So the question is will the ADD Bumper have much effect on that? Will I be better going to the 3.5 Setting?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got this Eibach Kit from Nick at gotexhaust. So I have 35s with 17" wheels sitting in my garage and an ADD bumper that is roughly 70lbs. It seems like a lot of people are getting about 2ish inches on the 2.75 setting. So the question is will the ADD Bumper have much effect on that? Will I be better going to the 3.5 Setting?
I have an off-road bumper that is roughly 80 lbs. I received just under 2” of lift at the 0 setting. I’m at the middle setting now with a small strut top spacer and am sitting just shy of 3” lift trucks on 35s. When I installed the bumper I lost 1/4” of lift roughly. I am using bilstein 5100 struts with eibach springs but basically all the same as the eibach struts you have and the same springs. If you look at my posts you can find my write up of my truck

IARAM87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an off-road bumper that is roughly 80 lbs. I received just under 2” of lift at the 0 setting. I’m at the middle setting now with a small strut top spacer and am sitting just shy of 3” lift trucks on 35s. When I installed the bumper I lost 1/4” of lift roughly. I am using bilstein 5100 struts with eibach springs but basically all the same as the eibach struts you have and the same springs. If you look at my posts you can find my write up of my truck

Right on. Thanks. I will take a look at your write up.

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

If you are talking about the fronts, with the Eibach shocks, I would go with at least the 4th clip setting if not the top/5th if I were you.
I have the factory front bumper and when all was said and done (settled) I have a under 2" front lift at the 2nd clip ring setting, which back when I did mine (a year ago?) they said that would give me 3.5" lift! LoL...
I just noticed in their latest installation instructions they have re-adjusted what settings they say will give what amount of lift. Or, did Eibach redesign the shocks entirely?
Back when I did mine, they said the bottom was 2.75" lift, #2 was 3.5", #3 should only be used with heavy bumbers and ride quality would degrade, and both #4 & #5 said "DO NOT USE" in the instructions I got with my kit.
It would have been nice to know how far off their early "guesses" were when I did mine. I HATE doing stuff twice. If they were a little closer to what I actually got, I wouldn't complain...
You WILL have a lot of spring pre-load at these upper setting as even on #2 slot, I did end up having to compress the assembled strut slightly to get the bottom bolt through during mounting.

I still like them, and the rear springs/struts REALLY help the truck carry a load (1700# is easy now, not even bottomed)!
But, that is an awfully expensive 1.75" lift on the front there, and a lot of work to get it too.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are talking about the fronts, with the Eibach shocks, I would go with at least the 4th clip setting if not the top/5th if I were you.
I have the factory front bumper and when all was said and done (settled) I have a under 2" front lift at the 2nd clip ring setting, which back when I did mine (a year ago?) they said that would give me 3.5" lift! LoL...
I just noticed in their latest installation instructions they have re-adjusted what settings they say will give what amount of lift. Or, did Eibach redesign the shocks entirely?
Back when I did mine, they said the bottom was 2.75" lift, #2 was 3.5", #3 should only be used with heavy bumbers and ride quality would degrade, and both #4 & #5 said "DO NOT USE" in the instructions I got with my kit.
It would have been nice to know how far off their early "guesses" were when I did mine. I HATE doing stuff twice. If they were a little closer to what I actually got, I wouldn't complain...
You WILL have a lot of spring pre-load at these upper setting as even on #2 slot, I did end up having to compress the assembled strut slightly to get the bottom bolt through during mounting.

I still like them, and the rear springs/struts REALLY help the truck carry a load (1700# is easy now, not even bottomed)!
But, that is an awfully expensive 1.75" lift on the front there, and a lot of work to get it too.
Mine have been installed for a year now. They changed it after enough people contacted them. I’m using bilstein struts with the eibach springs. The 3rd clip is fine for me since I’m just at 3” lift. I like how my truck sits so I won’t be changing it.

IARAM87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine have been installed for a year now. They changed it after enough people contacted them. I’m using bilstein struts with the eibach springs. The 3rd clip is fine for me since I’m just at 3” lift. I like how my truck sits so I won’t be changing it.

The instructions that I am looking at off of Eibach's site (d3580.pdf), is showing the bottom groove as 2.75 and the next up is 3.5.

Regardless, it sounds like since I will have a little heavier bumper, I should try the 3.5 setting since I most likely won't be getting 3.5 anyway.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The instructions that I am looking at off of Eibach's site (d3580.pdf), is showing the bottom groove as 2.75 and the next up is 3.5.

Regardless, it sounds like since I will have a little heavier bumper, I should try the 3.5 setting since I most likely won't be getting 3.5 anyway.
Use the 3rd clip setting. That’s what I’m on and received 2.75” lift after my bumper install. If you go to high you’ll be in for a rougher ride being so close to max droop on the suspension

glockrocket17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tried to contact Nick@gotexhaust and could not message him. Anyone know if he is still on the forum?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Herb Tarlic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
The Eibach website lists only two engine options for the 2015 Ram Bighorn: V6 Diesel or V8. What's a poor V6 Flex owner to do?

Panamaximus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the Eibach coils and shocks, front and back. Nick@gotexhaust set me up, I think it was around $715, shipped. I installed at 2nd ring for 2.25". I can go to top ring later for 3". But, I would need new uppers control arms. Not in the budget right now. (Have to replace cast iron drain under house, bummer.) I'm satisfied. But, I want to get some rake back for towing. GIJoe2010 sole me some .75 TGC rear spacers and some 1/2" front spacers. I will install the rear spacers and then if it still needs it, the 1/2" front spacer on driver's side only. In my opinion, the Eibachs are a good choice.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve got the Eibach springs sitting on a shelf in my garage just waiting to go on my 5100s. Gonna use the 3rd clip as well.

Herb Tarlic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Is it me or are the manufacturers of uniball UCAs just printing money? The price delta boggles the mind for a trivial mechanical construction difference.