Eibach Pro-Truck Lift Rear Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have all Eibach. I got the Eibach Pro kit, 2 struts, 2 shocks, 4 coil springs.
Sorry, misread. Ya, then only difference then is rear shock mount. Flip it and see if it helps.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the input. I don't feel like the handling or sway has been affected and with the little bit of extra weight I have on the rear I think the rear ride height is probably right around stock. I would think the cap and few things I have in the bed would squat it the inch that I got from the coils.

The biggest thing I notice is just when going over speed bumps with the possibility of the same sort of oscillation under certain road conditions as noted in my initial post. I think I will try flipping the shocks, that's an easy enough process. Can shock bolts be installed too tight I wonder and would that cause any type of issue?

For the front I have the Eibach struts and coils set on the bottom ring, everything else is stock. I barely got 2 inches out of it and I may move to the 2nd ring when I need new tires to see what I get. I may upgrade control arms at that time to. There's not really a need to do all that and I'll most likely just go from 285/70/17 to 285/75/17 tires so I have room already. I still wouldn't mind another 1/2 inch or so though so I may try it out.
What was your height before? I was trying to find my notes to see how much of a lift I got last night. lol. Now I am at 39". I thought I was at 36.25 stock? If so, that means I got 2.75" lift.

OP
OP
Zeak

Zeak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What was your height before? I was trying to find my notes to see how much of a lift I got last night. lol. Now I am at 39". I thought I was at 36.25 stock? If so, that means I got 2.75" lift.
In the front I went from roughly 36 5/8 and 36 7/8 to 38 1/2 and 38 5/8, so less than 2 inches. The rear went from 38 9/16 and 38 15/16 to 39 1/2 on both sides, so just under an inch.

I have the Outdoorsman so mine may have been a little higher than yours to start with and I also have the factory fender flares which may account for the 1/2 inch difference in our measurements (38.5 vs 39), it looks like we haver the same size tires as well. I think I read a time or two in the past that the Outdoorsman is 0.7 inches higher than other models and that a level kit would net a little less height but I guess I always wanted that to be false. If you got 2.75 and I got right around 2 then that sounds about right. Eventually when I switch to 285/75s I'll see if I want to move to the 2nd ring in the front. I only put 3 to 5k miles a year on my truck lately with most of that hauling camping, kayaking, and biking gear on trips so it may be a little while before I wear these tires out, I have maybe 12k miles on them right now and they were put on in March of 2019.

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the front I went from roughly 36 5/8 and 36 7/8 to 38 1/2 and 38 5/8, so less than 2 inches. The rear went from 38 9/16 and 38 15/16 to 39 1/2 on both sides, so just under an inch.

I have the Outdoorsman so mine may have been a little higher than yours to start with and I also have the factory fender flares which may account for the 1/2 inch difference in our measurements (38.5 vs 39), it looks like we haver the same size tires as well. I think I read a time or two in the past that the Outdoorsman is 0.7 inches higher than other models and that a level kit would net a little less height but I guess I always wanted that to be false. If you got 2.75 and I got right around 2 then that sounds about right. Eventually when I switch to 285/75s I'll see if I want to move to the 2nd ring in the front. I only put 3 to 5k miles a year on my truck lately with most of that hauling camping, kayaking, and biking gear on trips so it may be a little while before I wear these tires out, I have maybe 12k miles on them right now and they were put on in March of 2019.
Outdoorsman came factory with a 1” front lift. Some other trucks came with the “raised ride height” as well. My truck did. I have a 2017 express quad cab.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

In my driveway.
39 1/8" (fp), 39" (fd), 39 7/8" (rd), 40 5/8" (rp)

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

Have you flipped your shocks yet?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
In my driveway.
39 1/8" (fp), 39" (fd), 39 7/8" (rd), 40 5/8" (rp)
I love your signature LOL. Ive been calling rough country for what is is for years but that walmart price point draws em back in.

OP
OP
Zeak

Zeak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you flipped your shocks yet?
Not yet, weather may be too chilly for playing this weekend so maybe I’ll get to it then. I’ll report back once I flip them and test it.