electric fan runs ALL THE TIME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TennesseeMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
On my 2017 Ram 1500 Hemi, the electric radiator/condensor fan runs all the time. Even when the engine is cold, key NOT in ignition, and both relays pulled from fuse box!! Pulling the 80 amp fuse will stop it from running. But basically, if I go somewhere I have to plug the fan up before leaving and then when I reach my destination, must pop the hood to unplug the fan, or it will just run until it kills the battery. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On my 2017 Ram 1500 Hemi, the electric radiator/condensor fan runs all the time. Even when the engine is cold, key NOT in ignition, and both relays pulled from fuse box!! Pulling the 80 amp fuse will stop it from running. But basically, if I go somewhere I have to plug the fan up before leaving and then when I reach my destination, must pop the hood to unplug the fan, or it will just run until it kills the battery. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
You could have a failed electric fan, a stuck closed cooling fan high relay or a failed TIPM.

You are going to need do some diagnostics with a DVOM to determine if the TIPM is commanding the relay constantly or if the relay is stuck.

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
There is the possibility that it was McGyvered by someone to run that way?