Electric/Remote Door Lock Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mark4Jesus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did some searching but can't find exactly what is happening to me. A couple of years ago, the electric locks quick working on all four doors. Interiors switches and FOB did operate the locks. Did some looking at the schematics and decided to change the drivers actuator/latch. It appeared in the schematic that control went through it. Put a new one in yesterday and the drivers door works now, but the other three doors still won't operate. The passenger door lock switch will operate the drivers door, but none of the other three. Interior switch and the FOB work the drivers door. I find it hard to believe that all three actuators are bad. I did connect the positive and negative cables together for about 15 minutes with no change. Anyone experience this?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Have you checked the wiring running from the door jam into the door? That turned out to be my problem and a lot of others have discovered the same situation. It's really easy to check the wires by sliding the conduit out of the jam and inspecting the wires. Good luck

Note-I found both of my rear doors wiring was all broken inside the conduit.

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
I was installing gauges on the a pillar and had inadvertently broken one (of many ground wires, factory crimped together) small black wires near parking brake release lever up and behind the knee bolster panel and the wire i had severed disabled all power lock operations including the remote. Caught it quickly because I only do one upgrade at a time and pay attention to every action I make behind the dash or wherever else I am working.

Last edited:

Bradbordes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My doors won’t unlock or lock with the remote or the door controls. The remote is active because it will flash lights and blow horn but does nothing to lock or unlock. Checked wires in the boot that run from the door into the cab and they were all in tack and looked good. 2008 2500 6.7 cummins

RamChargers1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
My doors won’t unlock or lock with the remote or the door controls. The remote is active because it will flash lights and blow horn but does nothing to lock or unlock. Checked wires in the boot that run from the door into the cab and they were all in tack and looked good. 2008 2500 6.7 cummins
Have you found out anything more about this? This just started happening to me yesterday. Never had problems before.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
In gen 3 trucks, the driver door control unit is notorious for having a solder joint go bad. You can fix it, but I recommend just ordering a new one. Symptoms are being able to control windows and locks from driver door but not from any other door control unit.