Electrical connection locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brody740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a 2015 EcoDiesel been deleted and tuned (I know I’m the enemy) but truck is running amazing now.

My issue is I had it in the dealership bc my door locks stopped working. After a new Body Control Module and 4 tows back to the dealership I’m having more issues. When the dealer was troubleshooting the electrical issues they got into a lot of the electrical connectors. After they diagnosed the issue (wiring in the tailgate lock) every time I drove in the rain, fuses would blow. I had it towed back to them 4x. Finally it seemed to be fixed

However I just had the following errors pop up after I went over some railroad tracks
U0100, U0121, U0102, U0103, U02212, U0140, and P1DD2
And the error message of lost communication to transmission selector or something along those lines. I didn’t take a pic like I should have

I’ve crawled under this thing and checked every dang connector I can find, but are there any that you recommend I try and find or double check? I’m at a loss as where to look

Any input is GREATLY appreciated

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Do you have anything aftermarket plugged into the CANbus/OBD port? Those can sometimes cause loss of comm errors.
Have you checked the big connector under the truck on the driver's side frame rail (inside). Double check the connection into the transmission.

OP
OP
B

Brody740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Nothing aftermarket. I’ll double check the big connectors again. Maybe there’s some corrosion or something in there I missed.

This truck is love/hate. I love it but it’s making me hate it!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Brody740 you did check all the connections on the BCM which is above the brake pedal?

OP
OP
B

Brody740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I did not. I didn’t even think to look inside the cab. But I will today. Thank you

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
"transmission selector" sounds like the shift lever or knob (depending on which transmission you have). Might want to check the connectors to them, they are just electronics these days, no mechanical linkage to the transmission.

-K

OP
OP
B

Brody740

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It’s the knob selector. I did try to look up under dash and checked everything I could see.

I had codes cleared. Truck running fine for now. I think this is going to be a tough one to find.

I appreciate your advice. I’ll keep plugging away at it. Literally

Reactions: kad

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In the future, if you have issues, when you check connectors/connections, make sure that you physically check them if possible, not just eyeball inspect. Sounds like something that most people would think to do, but you never know.