Electrical Grelim Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You for sure have something shorting out somewhere you need someone with a good scan tool to read codes not your cheap autozone one either. Is the head unit aftermarket? If so just like you ruled headlights out Un plug it I have seen plenty of hack job
I had a very similar experience with my 2010 right after I installed a PAC Nu-CHY2 for nav in motion. Intermittently, all gauges in the cluster would go to zero, wipers and headlights came on by themselves, chimes dinging constantly. When I took it back apart, one of the pins to the radio, was bent not making good contact, straightened it out and all my issues went away. I caught you mentioned you already checked the radio connection, just curious what prompted you to go that route, any previous work in that area? May not hurt to double check.
I tore the head unit out and inspected the pins. All were good. Next, I checked wire by wire to make sure nothing became loose. I tripled checked my parking brake bypass thinking that caused the issue. All were good, so I buttoned it back up. Oddly enough, it hasn’t come back since. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.