Electrical nightmare Parasitic draw K/off 04 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004Hemi57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok yall here is a challenge and I hope and pray someone can help get this truck out of my shop.

2004 5.7l parasitic draw. Over 3amps on the meter with key off, sat for about 15 minutes.

I have tested Ma's with the cable off and meter between the terminal and lead. I have test both cables on and checked every fuse and relay, I have pulled all fuses and relays while looking for voltage drop to no avail. I have isolated the starter test, isolated and tested alternator, unplugged the pcm and still gets draw with K/off. I took out the entire fuse box and still getting a draw on IPM C7 terminal.

New alternator(good charging 14+), second new battery. Tried sending the fusebox out for repair and they said it would not help the issue.

I'm at a complete loss at the moment. Days and overtime into this truck and no one can figure out where the draw is coming from.

Any and all suggestions welcome

OP
OP

2004Hemi57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, still no idea. With every connector removed from the fuse box/ IPM I am still showing 1-1.5 amp draw testing with the red cable off and leads, one on the + battery terminal and one on the red + cable. The Draw goes away if I disconnect the IPM from the + cable. Then No draw on the cables unless I reconnect the IPM. Would this not point to a faulty Fuse box? Dodge says this cannot be the problem, however this is what the test show.. Never seen an electrical issue like this in the last 2 decades working on vehicle's.

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take the radio out and unplug it. Once that is done, check to see if you have a draw.