ELECTRONIC STABILTY CONTROL AND PARKING BRAKE UNAVAILABLE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsnathan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Issues with 2020 Ram Laramie 1500 4x4. New codes popping up with "parking temporarily unavailable" and "service electronic stability control". Current at dealership and they cannot determine cause. I have video of the issues while driving but they will not take my word. They say it has to be replicated even though I drove it in right after it happened and they printed the error codes but still cannot determine what it is. When it did occurred, I pulled into a parking lot and as I am rolling at 10mph, truck slams into park on its own. This is a safety issue especially if it happens again at 70mph. Anyone else have this happen?? Major code was TCM U1267-00 NO valid data available from ESM on Can-C or Can D-P-T.

Tthomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is doing the same thing, have you found out what is happing

MarkAy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2019 RAM 1500 Sport is doing something similar, although I get the "Parking Brake Unavailable" message usually while driving at a steady speed. The error will pop up on the dash and the screen goes blank but in most cases it will repeat two or three times, and then go away.

@jsnathan:
The shifter knob going into "P" at a slow speed makes me think the Park Assist braking scheme is taking over, as though something is sensed in front of your vehicle, so it brakes for you.
I've experienced the parking brake being applied AND the shifter going to "P" automatically when trying to back up slowly and opening my driver's door for a better look (old school style), in which case, I believe the vehicle is trying to prevent me from hopping out of the driver's seat while in gear - which cabe annoying but makes sense.
It seems like the "Parking Brake Unavailable" message issue could be related to parking assist being enabled or disabled (likely enabled), but also speed-related in that it would likely brake my vehicle if it occurred while I was driving slowly.
I'm wondering if a related parking sensor might be loose, or something more specifically related to the parking brake is loose or intermittent, so I'm going to wait for the next error to occur, and when it does I'll disable my park assist for a while and see if the message continues to be persistent, or if it goes away.

Either way, we might be on the right track with narrowing down the conditions for the "Parking Brake Unavailable" message, but finding the cause may still be a whole different challenge.

Appreciate your post, thanks.