Enabling cruise in DRBIII? (05 1500 5.7)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronCarmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 05 ram 1500 is a complete base model, i added the cruise switches a couple weeks back and it didnt work, since i work at a chrysler dealership i though i'd just plug it into the old DRBIII emulator. Ive spent a good hour going through every menu and can't find any options related to cruise. Anyone done this themselves? or maybe just know where the option is?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't they train that **** lol? Maybe it's too old now lol. PCI bus isn't like CAN; with CAN you can plug something into the bus, enable it and boom it works. DRB definitely doesn't work that way. For that truck you have to make sure you have the correct clockspring with the requisite pins to transmit switch signals to the bus, then it has to be part of your PCM program. IF the truck didn't come with it you have to flash the PCM with the program that has it. Even with CAN vehicles you have to change the configuration file to add something like cruise.

OP
OP
AaronCarmichael

AaronCarmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm think they expect us to learn all this from the old guys, but considering theres only one guy who's over 30 left in our shop, theres nobody who really knows. I know with witech2.0 we just add the option code and then tell the pcm to reconfigure itself, I've ask the guys around me and they dont have a clue on how to use the old system. I remember in the DRB emulator i can flash an pcm firmware file, but i have no ideas on where to get the file to actually flash.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Used to be Tech Authority.

OP
OP
AaronCarmichael

AaronCarmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, we dont use tech authority, most wiring diagrams, diag instructions, and other service information is all in the new Service Library. I was browsing more, and it seems like "TechTools" is used for updating older vehicles? but i doubt the flash would enable cruise

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The correct flash with the switches correctly plugged in (like I said about the clockspring) and it should work since cruise on the hemi is wholly controlled by the PCM through the electronic throttle body.