End of an era

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

La Ramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

La Ramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The BAD News

Dodge says it'll unveil 7 special edition Charger and Challenger models as it waves goodbye to gas-guzzling muscle cars​

This is the only news that sucked for me, knowing no more HEMI not even for the next generation.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm kind of curious on what it'll weigh if it's supposedly 800 volts .The Tesla is 375 volts,so to get to 800,they've either got a hell'va step-up transformer or more batteries,i also wonder how far it'll drive if you're using it's max power,and what the tire life expectancy will be .Will it need a 10 ply tire to have any tire life expectancy,lol

Last edited:

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
I'm kind of curious on what it'll weigh if it's supposedly 800 volts .The Tesla is 375 volts,so to get to 800,they've either got a hell'va step-up transformer or more batteries,i also wonder how far it'll drive if you're using it's max power,and what the tire life expectancy will be .Will it need a 10 ply tire to have any tire life expectancy,lol
Actually, upping the voltage will probably make it lighter. The power requirement doesn't change, so the current is lower for higher voltage. Lower current means smaller wires, which are lighter and easier to route.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Actually, upping the voltage will probably make it lighter. The power requirement doesn't change, so the current is lower for higher voltage. Lower current means smaller wires, which are lighter and easier to route.
It's still going to take amps to initially get it moving,so it's going to need some wire capacity

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

I think (were I ever to be in the market for a car again) I would look hard at one of these..
My biggest complaint about the EVs is that they have no soul.
For the most part they look like rolling urinals and sound like a 20volt Dewalt...

At least Dodge is adding some cool factor..

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
i also wonder how far it'll drive if you're using it's max power,and what the tire life expectancy will be .Will it need a 10 ply tire to have any tire life expectancy
When you go buy one, negotiate a spare set of rear wheels, your gonna need them:eek: