Engine cleaning....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laramie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys
Finally sun is going out up north!
Is it safe to hose wash or even pressure wash the engine compartiment??

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys
Finally sun is going out up north!
Is it safe to hose wash or even pressure wash the engine compartiment??
Theres some decent tutorials on Youtube. I think ChrisFixIt has a good one? You need to make sure you mask off all wires, caps, and anything that has electricity running through it. It is a safe idea to disconnect the battery too. This is all general info as theres better instructions online. But yes you can clean it, going crazy with a power washer I would advise against, but its do able.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My detailers will hose down the motor to get it wet, spray everything with all purpose and let it soak a few seconds, any longer and it evaporates off, then pressure wash from about 2 feet away. We do that for every single car, never taped anything off, never paid any mind to certain components, and out of the 10000 cars over the last 7 years we have only had 2 raise an issue with a coil pack and those were on cheap cars.

OP
OP
Laramie17

Laramie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh cool!
Thanks!
I was a little scare to screw up something...

Not really dirty yet since fairly new,but i want to prevent build up and rinse the grrrrr winter salt!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Wash my motor every few months at the car wash, always have and never had a problem from it.