Engine code P219A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking for anyone else who has had this issue. I am getting an engine code of P219A. This is a non specific code saying there is a problem with the air/fuel ratio. Let me start off telling you how I got here. I needed to do a tune up because of bad miles per gallon. I changed all plugs and coil packs. I got an engine code regarding the 02 sensor on the driver side high side. I changed that sensor. I have since been getting a code of P219A. I changed a few sensors, and did most things recommended. Finally I took it to the dealership and the found metal shavings and replaced the engine under my MAXX care warranty. I got the truck back and still getting the same code to pop up. I have had it back to the dealership 3 times now. We have changed the plugs again and now the fuel injectors. The mechanic has said this is a most difficult code to track down. I am looking for anyone who might have had this same problem. I am not wanting to get rid of the truck because it only has 238000 miles on it and now a new engine and the warranty Dodge doesn't offer any more.

MisterB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have been dealing with a p303 #3 cylinder misfire. I changed plugs and ignition coil on number 3, I also replaced fuel pressure regulator sensor. Now I am getting the p219a code associated with the p303. Indicating air/fuel mixture imbalance on #1 bank oxygen sensor. Running too rich, my mpg is horrible right now. Since I am close too the 100k mile tune up. I bought all 3 too replace.There are 3 sensors, one on each side of the block and one at backend of the catalytic converter. You could swap out the 2 sensors up front and see if the code changes too p219b. This would indicate a faulty sensor. Other possible causes too this code are, exhaust leak(loose manifold bolts or possibly a broken bolt or gasket), Mass Air Flow sensor, spark plugs, ignition coil, injectors. Hope this helps, between this snow storm and this weekend I will be ripping into this stuff myself.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have been dealing with a p303 #3 cylinder misfire. I changed plugs and ignition coil on number 3, I also replaced fuel pressure regulator sensor. Now I am getting the p219a code associated with the p303. Indicating air/fuel mixture imbalance on #1 bank oxygen sensor. Running too rich, my mpg is horrible right now. Since I am close too the 100k mile tune up. I bought all 3 too replace.There are 3 sensors, one on each side of the block and one at backend of the catalytic converter. You could swap out the 2 sensors up front and see if the code changes too p219b. This would indicate a faulty sensor. Other possible causes too this code are, exhaust leak(loose manifold bolts or possibly a broken bolt or gasket), Mass Air Flow sensor, spark plugs, ignition coil, injectors. Hope this helps, between this snow storm and this weekend I will be ripping into this stuff myself.
Sounds like your cam may be getting smaller.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to my world fellas. I've had this code for 15k miles now starting around 85kish miles. Also get an intermittent P0307 and then a bit later P0300 showed up with P0301. I changed the plugs, coils, MAP, IAT, injector 1 & 7, seafoam, 02 sensors, and 6.4 manifold upgrade with proper torque specs. I haven't done a compression or leakdown test yet. I did pull my valve cover for bank 1 when I did the injectors about 6k miles ago and I did not see any play or slop in the valvetrain and the valve travel seemed good. Truck runs great and I haven't felt any misfires.

Good luck and let us know if you figure it out. At this point, I'm waiting for my engine to go blooey. I'll make it into an end table and put a 6.4 cammed SRT in the truck.