Engine Codes C1008 & C1009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl2407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every now and again I have been getting my ABS and Brake warning lights flash up, they usually go out if I restart the truck. The codes are:

C1008 : Brake fluid level circuit high
C1009 : Brake fluid level low

I have had the front pads replaced, as they were getting pretty low, but, I am still getting the errors on occasion, the reservoir is at the full line.

Any ideas as to why these codes keep appearing after I clear them with the SC 3865?

Regards,

Jake

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every now and again I have been getting my ABS and Brake warning lights flash up, they usually go out if I restart the truck. The codes are:

C1008 : Brake fluid level circuit high
C1009 : Brake fluid level low

I have had the front pads replaced, as they were getting pretty low, but, I am still getting the errors on occasion, the reservoir is at the full line.

Any ideas as to why these codes keep appearing after I clear them with the SC 3865?

Regards,

Jake

Jake I would guess it is a bad brake fluid level switch or when you had the brake work done someone disconnected it for some unknown reason and it isn't fully connected to the harness. Also you might want to pull the connector to see if when the master cylinder was having fluid added to it if some got slopped into the connector assembly.

Jim

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Believe Jim is on the money.

Electron_Sam78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I had this issue and tested it according to the factory service manual. It says that the sensor should read higher than 900 ohms otherwise replace it. So I got a 1,000 ohm resistor and inserted it into the wiring harness plug and taped it into place. It worked! I don't care about having a low level alarm on the brake fluid reservoir so this was a cheap fix for me that cleared the service lights on the dash and the code(s).
:favorites13:

Shoe Lace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I had the code C1009 on my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L.

The fix for my truck was not the sensor it was a ground wire that goes to the left side of the battery on the fender wall. The wire was black with an orange stripe I did a continuity test and it felt I remove the wire from the main grounding cable cleaned it and reattached it with a new butt connector ring terminal once I attach the ground and restarted the truck the code went inactive

Jld3010

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 ram 2500
Engine
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with code C1008 and code C1009 . I’ve replaced the brake reservoir and still have the dash light lit. Looking for more ideas on this fix .I’ve also checked the ground wires.