Engine dies right after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas/LPG
Hi guys!
I an pretty new here, but not to my van. It‘s 5.9 **** build in 1991 and i did a complete transmission-overhaul myself already.

Right now i am kind of stuck with electrical issues.
When i start it up it cranks and ignites but as i let go the key it dies instantly. For the next igniting try i have to wait at least 4 seconds. Otherwise it will crank but not ignite.

Battery is in good condition.

Do have any ideas where to look for this pain-in-the-ass-failure?
Thanks,
Andy

930813b38e4ddb58f161928e808ecc91.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe look in the Engine Section instead if the Detail section---they can probably be of more help. If you wanna shine that van up we can help you here---
Jay

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Might be a weak fuel pump. It'll cycle whenever you turn on the key to pressurize the system, but maybe it can't meet demand or you have an ignition switch or relay problem and it's not staying running.

OP
OP
N

ndee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas/LPG
Actually it starts on LPG. Did so for the last two years. LPG-System works fine, all ventiles open up vaporizer works also fine...
As i said, it starts and dies immediatly. But as it sounds not because of a lack of LPG. Its just „cut“ off.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

ndee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas/LPG
Problem solved! All this was caused by bad ignition-cables. Just as a guess i ordered new ones. Today, after another hour of searching for anything, i got frustrated and installed them. After that it started right away and kept on running. Did several shutdowns and restarts. All fine!
Murphys Law... :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk