Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine light problem

Discussion in 'Engine and Performance' started by melman, Dec 16, 2019.

Tags:
Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. melman

melman Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    diesel turbo
    Here is my problem; 1st it all started with a trip home when all of a sudden my 2007 6.7 had a kind of a misfire. A lot of smoke and no power. I stopped the truck and had it taken to a shop . They took off the DPF and power sprayed it out , Truck ran ok for awhile , Then it would start running bad and the engine light would come on P2261, So I took the DPF off again and had it baked out by a company that does DPF cleaning , Put it back on and everything was ok for awhile again ,Then engine light would come on and give all kinds of codes P2261/P2427 at different times , So I clean out my EGR using a soaking cleaner and put it back on , Truck ran good ,Then codes would come up again ,So I did a turbo spray clean out ,Ran good again ,After awhile (day or 2) code would come up again P2261/P2509/p2427/p242?, Took my Exhaust sensor off and clean it out , Added fuel and oil additive . Truck runs great no smoke at all 10-15 boost turbo but codes still stay on even after trying to clear them also 1st time my overhead truck system say's exhaust filter full and power reduced see dealer . I just took the truck on a 200 mile trip ran the best it's ever ran great millage 20 mpg . still don't know when it regren starts but engine light still stays on along with overhead warning. I have a Echo Evolution also hooked up to it

2. Dennis Shellito

Dennis Shellito Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Cummins IBS
    Just more emission crap. I deleted before all these problems started on my 2011. I would suggest you do an EGR and DPF delete but realize this won't work if you are in place that requires emission testing to register. I have kept all the deleted parts from my truck just in case emissions testing comes to my part of the world, but I will either sell the truck with the emissions restored or sell the truck with the parts and let someone else re-install all the crap because I will not drive it in stock form.

3. Fuel35 67

Fuel35 67 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    You can take off the NOX filter and clean it as well.