Engine People: What Do Y'all Think of the Chevy ZZ632/1000 Deluxe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had written up a big ol' post totally filled with details about why I love this thing earlier, but it was in "General" forum and got booted somewhere, so here is the second attempt. I didn't even realize this forum existed yesterday. I won't put that much effort and info together again.

So here is what I'm talking about:

This is a port fuel injected heads/cam/intake/individual coil-near-plug package added to a tall deck Mark IV big block Chevy and the results are nothing short of spectacular. After two decades of study, I'm pretty convinced that the Mark IV Chevrolet is actually the best internal combustion engine family ever created. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry about that, I moved it to the lounge area since it wasn't in the right place. Didn't check if you were a full access member. I'll leave this one here.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
No substitute for cubic inches!!

OP
OP
StickyLifter

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry about that, I moved it to the lounge area since it wasn't in the right place. Didn't check if you were a full access member. I'll leave this one here.
Oh wow, I didn't know that there were places that I couldn't go, LOL. :D

Hopefully people look at it and learn a thing or three about what is really important with ICEs because that thing does it all perfectly.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're close only need 100 posts and to be a member to access everything. Don't get too excited, we are pretty boring in there usually :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

OP
OP
StickyLifter

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
No substitute for cubic inches!!
Right? But what about that 12:1 compression and making 1,000hp on 93 octane pump swill? Is that not incredible???

I keep telling people that HP/L and other such nonsense is not what is important in a street engine with no displacement limits. It's really all about sporting the biggest lungs in the smallest external package, and the BBC does this better than anything else.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I bet the downside is the price...but man it's sexy.

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Impressive numbers for naturally aspirated. Wonder what it would do with 7-10 psi boost or nitro.

OP
OP
StickyLifter

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I bet the downside is the price...but man it's sexy.
Yeaaaaaah, so it's a high feature GM crate motor from Chevy Performance, so you'll pay for it for sure. The MSRP is supposed to be around $30,000, but that isn't the only 632ci mill around. If you build it yourself the most expensive component is the block, but one of these guys is entirely reasonable and will support 540ci and weigh nothing while doing so:

The next big money deal is the heads, and that is really where this ZZ632 shines. I've been waiting a decade for them to stand the valves up, fix the ports, shrink the chambers, and basically give the top end and cam the LS treatment. You can go Big Chief 14*, but those heads aren't meant to be very streetable. The RS-X setup is totally perfect for this, and I love the fact that chamber volume has been shrunken down so that you can run a dished piston to finalize your compression ratio. That cures that whole domed piston/slow flame front/incomplete combustion BS and makes me so happy inside.

I would LOVE to put an aluminum version in a Mustang and go stalking the streets. When I blew their doors off with no woosh, spray, or whine they would all need to know what was under the hood, and when I popped it and they saw a bowtie wedge sitting in place of their silly DOHC garbage, they'd lose their minds. Round about the same footprint as a Coyote, smaller than a MOD, double the displacement, and more than double the power. When the Honda guys find out that I can do 100hp/L with pushrods they'll melt down too.

OP
OP
StickyLifter

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Impressive numbers for naturally aspirated. Wonder what it would do with 7-10 psi boost or nitro.
Been done a bunch, just hit up youtube and search for "twin turbo 632 dyno". Tom Nelson, Steve Morris, and lots of others built a bunch.

They usually clock in at about 1300hp on pump gas and 2400-4000hp on race gas.