Engine Rebuild help (5.2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BabyRayD100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L v6
originally had an issue with piston not fitting but after lubing up the rod it moved freely on the center pin now with all the piston in and rod caps finger tight i go to torque the caps and now the crank wont spin at all even with a long break bar

I believe my issue is the rod cap direction? i made sure to keep all the caps and rods together but did not pay attention to with direction they should be installed back on

View attachment 170773

View attachment 170774

View attachment 170775

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BabyRayD100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L v6
ok looking all over the internet find trying to figure out whats going on i think i may have found something. So there are marks from the factory symbols on the caps and rod are they suppose to match up with each other.....I also going to order more plastigauge and check the clearance

ps. the numbers on the caps i punched my self before disassembly but when cleaning the piston and install new rings i did not know the direction they go back on made a difference

Photo Jun 23, 8 25 59 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 23, 8 26 05 AM.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf