Engine scream

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieMo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What’s the scream from the engine when punching the accelerator, as in if you where racing off the line?

WoodGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fan clutch locked up would be my first guess, assuming the 1500's have one and not E-fans

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s the scream from the engine when punching the accelerator, as in if you where racing off the line?

There could be many sources that could create a noise that could be interpreted as a scream.

One of the more common is a loose serpentine belt resulting in slippage. Inspect the condition for cracks and check the tension on the belt.

Other than that, post a video with your scream sound and we might have a better idea.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Mine has a weird whistle in the upper rpm area at times under full throttle, pretty sure someone I raced before thought I had a turbo lol. Love gapping cars that think they are fast with a crew cab truck. Fun times. 3.92’s for the win.