Entry/Exit Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you push the toggle to lower as you are driving into your driveway or parking spot, so that it starts to lower as you pull in and may even be lowered as you stop? In it's entry/exit position, is it too low to drive in? I wonder if that would be a prohibiting factor? Anyone ever try this? Successful?

I’m not sure if you have to be sitting still or not to drop it down to Hood mode but since your key fob has the entry/exit button on it, you could always get yourself into the habit of when you park, click the lock button once to lock it, then click the air suspension lower button twice to drop it down to the bumpstops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Samcooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried everything in my Laramie but no luck. My wife's 19 Jeep GC automatically lowers, but it is after you shut down and get out so it doesn't help when exiting the vehicle, unless you manually hit the button and wait.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, even if it was automatic, it probably wouldn’t lower automatically until you stop and put it in Park. Then no matter what, you’re gonna have to wait regardless.

My only advice is to try lowering it manually with the dash button as you’re slowly pulling into your parking space or whatever and see if it will lower then and be dropped by the time you stopped.

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you push the toggle to lower as you are driving into your driveway or parking spot, so that it starts to lower as you pull in and may even be lowered as you stop? In it's entry/exit position, is it too low to drive in? I wonder if that would be a prohibiting factor? Anyone ever try this? Successful?
Yes, that is what I do when I think about it and remember to. You can drive in entry/exit mode which is lowered down to the stops and is a little rough at slow speeds. You can toggle down before you slow down and the truck will wait till you slow down before it starts to lower to entry/exit height.

Mickey1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have just accidentally found that if you use the remote to lower the suspension, you can drive at any speeds in entry/exit mode

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have just accidentally found that if you use the remote to lower the suspension, you can drive at any speeds in entry/exit mode

Um… not mine. Even if I use my key fob to drop the suspension all the way down the entry/exit mode, as soon as I take off driving and when I get above I think it’s 10 miles an hour, my suspension automatically raises back up to normal ride-height.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Um… not mine. Even if I use my key fob to drop the suspension all the way down the entry/exit mode, as soon as I take off driving and when I get above I think it’s 10 miles an hour, my suspension automatically raises back up to normal ride-height.

Did this switch from 4th gen to 5th? Anyone else with a 5th gen can confirm this?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did this switch from 4th gen to 5th? Anyone else with a 5th gen can confirm this?

I just now remembered this was in the 5th gen section but I really can’t honestly think up a reason why they’d let the new trucks drive this way and not the old ones. Why would you even want to, anyways? Entry/exit mode drops it down to the bump stops. Be just like driving it around on four flat tires.

The manual kinda explains it goofy but from what I read though at least anyways, is that you can request entry/exit mode at 30 miles an hour, but it’s not gonna start to lower itself unless you get down to 15 miles an hour. But once you start driving again and your speed goes above 15 miles an hour, it’s going to start raising itself back up to normal ride height. So in essence, I guess if you never go above 15 miles an hour, you can maybe drive for as long as you want in entry exit mode but it doesn’t say anything that I could find about using the fob to allow continuous driving at whatever speed in entry/exit mode. e306b850b82e9d0c64ac48171c804cd4.jpg

Mickey1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As I said previously, I found out accidentally. I was driving the turnpike while in entry/ exit. I knew it was not possible in my Grand Cherokee so I thought something was wrong with my new truck. Once I raised it from the button in the cab, it stayed in Aero mode. I lowered once again with the FOB when I returned from work (showing off to a neighbor) and parked for the night. The next day while driving to work it stayed in Entry/ exit for the entire 33 mile commute until I raised manually. I've tried it multiple times as a buddy of mine didn't believe me, it worked each time.
Believe it or not, the ride does not feel much different under normal driving conditions. I choose not to drive it this way but the ride isn't as bad as one would think

Mickey1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By the way, just joined the forum - Im a noob
Its pretty awesome the topics you can find here !

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As I said previously, I found out accidentally. I was driving the turnpike while in entry/ exit. I knew it was not possible in my Grand Cherokee so I thought something was wrong with my new truck. Once I raised it from the button in the cab, it stayed in Aero mode. I lowered once again with the FOB when I returned from work (showing off to a neighbor) and parked for the night. The next day while driving to work it stayed in Entry/ exit for the entire 33 mile commute until I raised manually. I've tried it multiple times as a buddy of mine didn't believe me, it worked each time.
Believe it or not, the ride does not feel much different under normal driving conditions. I choose not to drive it this way but the ride isn't as bad as one would think

That's interesting, I don't believe that is normal but I've never had air suspension before. I just recall reading that it is supposed to leave the entry/exit position once it hits a certain speed, like in your Grand Cherokee. Any other 5th gen guys in here with air suspension that can answer this?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Are you sure it’s in entry/exit mode? I don’t know why it would be any different from my 2018 4th Gen but when mine is in entry/exit mode, you know it and you feel it because it’s riding on the bumptops. But if that one and only bottom yellow indicator light on your air suspension control buttons is lit, and unless it actually tells you it lowered to that mode, then you’ve got problems.

Mickey1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Again, only when lowered via the FOB while the vehicle is not running and driven afterward. It will not do it any other time. As far as how it rides, I have only left like this for 10 minutes or so on a smooth road. Maybe thats why it did not feel much different

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again, only when lowered via the FOB while the vehicle is not running and driven afterward. It will not do it any other time. As far as how it rides, I have only left like this for 10 minutes or so on a smooth road. Maybe thats why it did not feel much different

I’d go get it checked out.