Erratic Climate Control...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I traded my 6th Dodge/Ram truck last year for a used 2019 3500 Laramie diesel - overall it's the best of the bunch except for the erratic climate control. I love automatic climate control, head down the road and you're comfortable a few minutes later. Not with this truck, start it when the cab is 100+ and it will sometimes kick out hot air until I run the requested temp clear to low. Driving down the road on cold days and I'm freezing because the air conditioner is running. I've had it to 2 dealers who can't find a problem (it still has bumper-to-bumper), but they are just checking to see that it heats and cools - the problem is that it won't maintain a set temperature. I seldom touched the controls on my 2015, it just always worked. Seems like a faulty cab sensor to me. Any suggestions or information about the system would be appreciated.