ESC light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
I used 4WD Lock and HI quite a bit last weekend during that snow storm that hit Kentucky and the rest of the East coast. When I switched back to Auto, the ESC light stayed on. At least I think that's the light. It's in the bottom right of my dash. I went to Autozone today and there aren't any stored codes. The truck performs fine. I may unhook the battery.

Any thoughts? 837d913a79f1f416dcab30ff7e2856b4.jpg

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The light is on because there is a trouble code in the system. You need to take it to someone that can pull ABS codes, not just ones from the PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
The light is on because there is a trouble code in the system. You need to take it to someone that can pull ABS codes, not just ones from the PCM.

Thanks. I'm guess I'll have to take it to the stealer. [emoji53] Or, maybe I can find someone local that has one that can read ABS codes. The guy at Autozone said there weren't any stored codes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
I decided to bite the bullet and buy a scanner that also does ABS codes.

It had two codes stored:
C123F - Steering Angle Sensor Comparative Performance
C121E - Brake Pressure Sensor Comparative Performance

I cleared the codes and will monitor to see if they come back.

I have driven 2000 miles with the light on and the truck performed fine.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you were doing a lot of sideways driving in the snow, that would explain the steering angle sensor code.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
If you were doing a lot of sideways driving in the snow, that would explain the steering angle sensor code.

That's exactly what was happening. I haven't gotten any codes and have put 60 miles on it since clearing the codes.

We got 18" in about 24 hours. Snow had been cleared by a tractor in this picture and it was still ridiculous.
7f5f3e085a7d59f4a20b803a2be77f55.jpg

Last edited: