ETorque ? Anyone happy with it? Reliability ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Warranty info here:
https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=Ram_Etorque_Technology&type=4
https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=Ram_Etorque_Technology&type=4

The 2019 Ram 1500 comes backed by a five-year/60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, which covers the cost of all parts and labor needed for repairing a covered powertrain component – engine, transmission and drive system. Additionally, it covers any necessary towing to the nearest Ram dealer. For users who sell their trucks during the warranty period, the coverage is transferable to the new owner.

The standard three-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty delivers bumper-to-bumper coverage for the 2019 and 2020 Ram 1500, from the body to the electrical system.

Further, as part of the Basic Limited Warranty, the Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the eTorque system for eight years/80,000 miles, whichever comes first.

• Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator Assembly
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Powertrain Control Module
  • Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
And I also purchased an 8 year/85,000 mile MaxCare extended warranty from Zeigler to cover all the rest of the truck until the eTorque warranty expires. $1175 - a heck of a deal!

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Use DAMON or DAMON2 or PAYINFULL for the discount code. They sell the genuine FCA extended warranty backed by the manufacturer. You can do it all on line and save a ton over what the dealers charge.

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey guys,

I need some quick answers here! I'm currently in the process of potentially trading in my 20' Gladiator for a 20' Ram Rebel. It has the 5.7L ETorque with 12" UConnect and Panoramic roof. It looks BEAUTIFUL. I need it for the towing capacity.

However, I'm very hesitant of committing to it because of the MANY problems I've read about the ETorque. I know when you log onto these forums, you hear more complaints about stuff like this, so I wanted to see if anyone is happy with there ETorque system or if there are too many reliability concerns. I LOVE my Jeep Gladiator and I don't want to get into something that will break down any time soon.

So, what are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Adrian

The 2020 and earlier 12" infotainment centers have a lengthy history of issues and I am dealing with it now in my 2019. I looked at the Etorque and immediately dismissed it do to future maintenance cost and something else to fail.

dak47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was just going to ask this very question as I found a new 2020 1500 Lone Star 4x4 for $36.5K that had etorque, had the little voice in my head squawking pretty good as I'm a drive it till the wheels fall off kinda guy.....

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues with my 20 etorque hemi. Also no issues wih my 12” screen.

S_Bedard

Reaction score
Engine
V6
Was just going to ask this very question as I found a new 2020 1500 Lone Star 4x4 for $36.5K that had etorque, had the little voice in my head squawking pretty good as I'm a drive it till the wheels fal.

Part of the Basic Limited Warranty, the Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the eTorque system for eight years/80,000 miles, whichever comes first.

• Belt Driven Hybrid Starter Generator Assembly
  • Catalytic Converter
  • Powertrain Control Module
  • Power Pack Unit - 48 Volts

80,000 miles is a good ride to test a system !

S_Bedard

Reaction score
Engine
V6
Hey guys,

I need some quick answers here! I'm currently in the process of potentially trading in my 20' Gladiator for a 20' Ram Rebel. It has the 5.7L ETorque with 12" UConnect and Panoramic roof. It looks BEAUTIFUL. I need it for the towing capacity.

However, I'm very hesitant of committing to it because of the MANY problems I've read about the ETorque. I know when you log onto these forums, you hear more complaints about stuff like this, so I wanted to see if anyone is happy with there ETorque system or if there are too many reliability concerns. I LOVE my Jeep Gladiator and I don't want to get into something that will break down any time soon.

So, what are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Adrian

So Mr Vall, did you choose the ETorque finally ?

Funky2m2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I am looking to trade a Nissan Titan Cummins fitted for a Gasser Ram.. What I do not see is a lot without the Etorque and hardly any 6.4 inch beds.. Maybe because what they sell out of is exactly what I am looking for..