Etorque battery voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have a 2021 Laramie, been having problems, check engine light comes on, then the battery voltage goes to 12.2 volts and continues to drop until battery saver mode comes on. I turn the truck off and restart it and it charges normally until the next time I get a check engine. When the dealership runs the scan to read the code, it comes back with lost communication with hybrid module. It has happened 3 times, the first 2 times they checked all connections, load tested battery and generator, everything ok....3rd time they double checked the ground connections and they were good, they changed the generator (which I was told contains the hybrid module in it). Just got the truck back, the voltage is up and down as described in other comments on this thread, as it was before, I just assumed the voltage fluctuation was part of the problem. So far no check engine light but I'm skeptical it's gone. Frustrating, I've owned the truck 6 weeks and 3 times to the dealership

Shane8869

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 hemi 5.7L etorque
It should be reading 14+ if it's reading 12 something's not right. And fyi never jump start another vehicle with this vehicle, ecspecially onw that's got a really dead battery. There may be a specific procedure to this that allows you to jump another vechile without causing problems but 1st time I did it pretty much killed my battery And they are the expensive ones AGM ones like $300. But I had all sorts of electrical problems from alternator not charging correctly to battery dying while off (ac off, screen off, interior lights off, everything unplugged from every plug all 10 of them) but it will kill the auto off/start feature, antilock brakes, sometimes keep it in park, and turn on the auto parking brake where you can't engage that, turn off the A/C kill power windows and steering. Real crazy stuff. But most likely just cause you to jump the truck Everytime you have it off more than 30min. Overnight may even cause you to charge the battery because most jump packs won't work anymore it so depleted. I took it to the dealership after 3 days of not knowing what to do and me having already replacing the battery (less than 1year old truck), they told me they plugged it up and performed an update. Like a phone! Well i swore to never jump another car again. Until 2 years later, pretty much having to, I read the owners manual to make sure I following step by step the sequence to the T and tried to jump my wife's really dead Saturn Vue. And it didn't jump, however my dad's 2013 RAM did jump her vehicle after leaving it plugged up for a minute to allow her battery to charge some off his alternators work. But that one attempt screwed my truck up and it's having the same problems. I am used a jump pack just this morning and it started but I notice was doing all those crazy electrical thing and dash gauge battery voltage was reading 8v and while I was giving it gas to prevent it from stalling it finally died. I had to charge the battery as there was no jumping it from and jump box without doing so because it was so dead. I don't think the battery is faulty, but whatever relay or computer that needs correcting is tripped again from the 57v battery draining the 12v one I believe while the truck is turned off. So if it's ever reading below 14v on the dash you take it to the dealership.

OP
OP
British Bulldog

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
My truck is now a year old May 2nd.
I still have zero issues…….battery and etorque etc all okay.
Good advise about jump start. I too carry a jump pack for peace of mind.
I also use a battery maintainer if I leave my truck unused for over a week, just in case.
I really like my truck, etorque is no issues and I forget it’s there!
4,100 mls now……

PBTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
For 2022 Ram 1500 3.6L eTorque would a Battery Tender Plus 12v 1.25 amp be a good/safe option to use as a battery maintainer? Any other recommendations?